• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Way to spend a Saturday.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have a yard sale every year that stretches parts of five states. It is a nightmare, no doubt. But you can find some good stuff. Officialy starts next week but Today i came home with a #2 tiller and an extra gearbox and belts.. Not an idea he would accept it but after my offer he smiles, Then ask me what it fit on.Put it on my 124 and ready to plow (i hope). The guy said he just wanted rid of it.
167615.jpg

167616.jpg

Dennis,
I was helping a friend get an OT mower, a Snapper with a nearly new replacement 12 horsepower Briggs up and running again after only a couple of years of disuse. After some quick troubleshooting I determined that the carburetor was not getting fuel (I poured a little gas down her throat and she popped right off). Off came the carburetor, and sure enough, the needle valve was stuck in there. After cleaning all the varnish off of the needle valve and seat, the needle still didn't slide smoothly. I can't remember exactly how I did it, but I think I spun a small gun brush down in the bore of the needle valve seat to open it up a bit and polish the bore until it operated smoothly. After expending the rest of the can of carb cleaner on the rest of the carb, I put it back together and it ran flawlessly. Just a tip for those at your wit's end with those Walbro carbs.

Heres where I will be getting some seat time in during the next few Saturdays,
168365.jpg

2009 Yamaha V-Star 950 toure.

Just picked it up last Friday, and some how managed to get 278 miles on it befor I got home with it, don't recall it being that far to the dealer when I left to go pick it up.

Saturday was a good day for the cubs. Put the turning plow on the 102 and plowed the field where we had potatoes. Put the disc on the 147 and disc the field. Then sowed turnip and mustard greens for my neighbors and for a cover crop.

I spent some time on Saturday pulling the engine (Onan Model CCKB) out of my Allis Chalmers 620. There's an oil leak I need to find and fix, most likely between the block and the oil filter mount. A JD mechanic told me that the Onan (not a CCKB but very similar block) in the 318 often leaks there. The two bolts the hold the oil filter mount loosen up slightly and it leaks around the gasket. I have a new gasket, hopefully that where the leak is. If not the other place could be in the crank seal behind the flywheel. I have a new seal for that as well but I really hope I don't have to tear it down that far. While I have it out I have lots of oily dirt to clean off. The starter needs a good cleaning as well.
icon_eek.gif

168909.jpg

168910.jpg

168911.jpg

168912.jpg

Lonnie:
Need pictures!!!
Kraig:
Is it a cork gasket???? I think I know where that engineer worked before Onan...

Kendell,
roflol.gif
The replacement gasket is not cork, not sure what type gasket is on the Onan currently.
dunno.gif

BTW, there is a second life for those old mule drive belts that won't stay on, they make for great engine hoist straps.
whistling.gif

Kendall
197 miles round trip for these
Cadott to Ladysmith,
168953.jpg

Than south to Merrillan and back home
168954.jpg

Than a weekend of camping and traveling, total 220 miles round trip.

168955.jpg

168956.jpg

168957.jpg

Lonnie:
Very Cool!!!!
I'm glad to see you riding!! (and on a new Yammie, yet). A while back you were having some health problems - I hope those issues are behind you..

"Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window." <font size="-2">~Author Unknown</font>

Kendell,

I don't try to let my health problems stop me form enjoying life as much as I can while I can.

When they toss the first shovel full of dirt on my coffin, than it will be time to worry about health problems.
angel.gif

Hopefully this comming weekend I can get in some all day trips, enstead of theses short hops here and there.

Lonny,
Don't forget about the Edgarton Steam Show this weekend!! Planning on going Sunday.

Lonny:
Short trips - long trips ... who cares as long as it's on two wheels... (The local hardware is 4 miles by cage, 10 miles by bike)
bouncy.gif

Tom H. -

Figures, I'll be working the UPRR booth at the station there on Saturday. Oh well, do drop by our booth on Sunday and pickup some FREE goodies anyway!

Bryan, Ya' know the ol' saying, "If it's free, it's for me".

Lonny; I love your cycle. A friend is wanting to sell his Harley tome. He left it here and wanted me to ride it. It is 08 Super glide, 6 speed with 3000 miles. said he don't have time for it. I rode it 80 miles and fell in love with it. I think my hands are to far gone to bike ride.
169004.jpg

Luther Ray Hinds,

Beautiful Super Glide.
I think my hands are to far gone to bike ride.

I'm fighting the same thing every day.

Richard; My hands are closing from Arthritis and growths. I can't even hold a glass of water, So i think biking isn't going to work either.
Luther

Luther Ray Hinds,

I can't even hold a glass of water

I'm not that bad. For me it's my thumbs in that palm of my hands. The pain is in the bone and joints. They hurt less if I let them curl in toward my palms. Not exactly a good riding grip. I have to replace the stator on my 1985 Super Glide. But I can't get properly motivated because I know my hands won't let me ride like I want.

Take care. Enjoy your tractors, garden and kids. That's what they are for.

Wife took the kids to the dog pound and picked a puppy for them. But i can't figure out who is happier with it, Her or the kids. They went to Tractor supply and spent 100. dollars on puppy toys.
169665.jpg

This is before they left the pound.

Latest posts

Back