• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Way to spend a Saturday.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Luther H. Congratulations on the new addition to the family.
happy.gif

Well, OK this wasn't fully done on a Saturday. A while back I started to do some repair work on my Allis Chalmers 620, see the posts on that in the archived page. Well as these projects usually do it expanded past what I set out to fix. In addition to fixing the oil leak I needed to replace one of the electric PTO switches. Well when I got looking at the switches I decided to replace both the front and rear PTO switches, the stock light switch and the accessory light switch that I added many years ago for the lights I added. Well to more easily get the switches out I decided to remove the dash, as long as I had the dash out I should probably replace the nearly unreadable dash decal, may as well paint the dash too, well shoot, if I'm going to repaint the dash and replace the decal, I really should have that hole that a PO drilled in it fixed. Soooooo, I asked a favor from my good friend Art. Here's where Saturday comes back into the picture. Art agreed to weld up the hole for me but he didn't know when he'd be able to get to it being busy with work. I was not in a hurry as I had some other projects. So I wire brushed both side of the dash around the hole and cleaned off a spot for the welder ground clip and dropped it off at Art's place last week. Well Art found time over the weekend to not only weld the hole up, he also sand blasted the dash, did a little bit of body work on the welded repair, put a coat of primer on it AND then delivered it to my house on his way home from work on Monday! Did I mention how good of a friend Art is?
happy.gif
happy.gif

I put a first coat of paint on it on Monday, put a second coat on Wednesday and last night I got the decal on, were I not tired from fighting a cold I would have installed the dash last night. Oh, I still need to cut out the decal for the hour meter, I figured cold medication and a sharp knife wouldn't be a good mix.
icon_eek.gif

Enough text as...
worthless.gif

170137.jpg

170138.jpg

170139.jpg

170140.jpg

170141.jpg

Kraig McConaughey,
Beautiful work. Art is a true friend. Good call on the knife med combo.

Kraig, Wow impressive!

Art - a good friend? Hmmm, did he slip a $20 into your pocket to say that? JUST KIDDING !!!!

Have a great weekend!

Tomorrow I get to watch a UW-Stout versus UW-River Falls Football game with my son Andrew! Nice way to spend a Saturday!

Kraig-
Nice job on the decal install. It looks like you got it exactly where it needed to be.

Here's the kicker on me helping with the dash.... Now you have to do the rest of the tractor!
err.gif

I was thinking, if I drill a hole in each part, and then drop it off at your place for repair, I'd get them back repaired, sand blasted and primed...
dunno.gif

Saturday I got the dash installed in the AC 620, and painted the frame area under where the battery mounts. I had wire brushed it and put on some rust neutralizer earlier in the week.
happy.gif

170218.jpg

170219.jpg

170220.jpg

170221.jpg

Yeah I got some orange over-spray on some parts, oh well it's a worker and it looks better than rust.

Tonight I hope to have the tractor fully back together. I don't think I'll install the loader this fall though as there's some work I want to do to that. If I do get the tractor together I might hook up the rear mower and mow the trails through my field and then swap that out for the tiller and till up the garden. But I'm getting ahead of myself, I'll be lucky to even get it running tonight.
blush.gif

No cub time today!! At 1145, 52 years ago today, gave up being a bachelor!!! Wouldn't trade it for a smoker in good condition!!!
beerchug.gif

<font color="ff0000">HAPPY </font><font color="119911">ANNIVERSARY </font><font color="aa00aa">TO </font><font color="0000ff">YOU & YOUR WIFE, </font><font color="000000">LYLE </font><font color="ff6000">!!!
beerchug.gif
</font>

from; MarlinAngel&Kitties

Latest posts

Back