• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

To Honor all our Vets

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow that is cool, wish my Grandpa "20 year E9 navy man" was here to see this

Hope people take their kids to see these. They are massive. My dad was a gunners mate in WWII and fired these types of guns as well as others. I remember we were on the Battleship Texas when I was about 13 and he started telling us about all the guns and how they operated including these big guns and all of a sudden we had I bet 50 people around us listening to him - made me proud, he is still around at 88 and doesn't talk about it much anymore - he says too many memories. Anyway take the kids to see these and what the greatest generation had to do. We can't ever forget.

Jesse: Not by coming through this thread!
happy.gif

Scott: Awesome! Thanks!
happy.gif
happy.gif

Wow, that was quite a ship. Didnt realize it was built in 1915. More familiar with Missouri class. Built a RC model of the Missouri when I was a teen. Still havde it.Thanks Dave for the interesting history Lesson.

David, thanks for the link. That was quite a ship. Have to say my dad was able to go back to Pearl Harbor and see the Arizona, he wanted to go back and see the Missouri but unfortunately he passed away about 4 weeks ago and didn't make it. He was in the South Pacific, the Mediterannean, the Chinese Burma and the European theatres during WWII. He wouldn't say completely what he was in cause he said it was secrete - the last weeks he finally did say he was in something that was before the seals - the gunners mate rank was just a cover. He always got teary eyed when you would even ask about WWII. I really believe there is a special place in Heaven for those in combat - which is where he is now. Sorry to ramble, just say this and had to put it down somewhere. Thanks.

Allen,

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Built a RC model of the Missouri when I was a teen. Still havde it.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

<font size="-1">Photos or it didn't happen!</font>
worthless.gif

Rodney, my condolences on the loss of your father!
sad.gif
And my thanks for his service!

My oldest brother was in SOPAC on a seaplane tender USS Yakitat. Also a brother-in-law out there somewhere at that time also.

Those men are and will always be my heroes. Rodney, your father and all like him, truly did save the world.

Everyone, thanks for the accolades for my dad - greatly appreciated. Yep those guys were special and did save the world and my dad didn't have his 21st birthday till November after the war was over in August. Those teenagers were truly men.

This probably has more to do w/honoring our seniors but I'm sure many of the men in this picture are/were vets so I thought this would be a great place to post this. As a teen, I ate these kinds of shows up and read every copy of "Construction Methods" magazine My Dad got from cover to cover.

Operation Blue Jay...... from...."The Big Picture"
I remember that show from the 50's, do you??

Check it out!

http://burnpit.us/2015/02/my-story-about-thule-operation-blue-jay

Latest posts

Back