• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Thoughts on a 2072

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twingard

displayname
Tim Wingard Jr.
hey guys..just wanted to get everyones thoughts on a 2072...may have found a good deal on one...looks to me to be a pretty good machine but I've never had any dealings with a super before..id appreciate any opinions..thanks

Best gas super out there, a real horse and dream to run.....buy it up!!!!!#

I just got rid of a non running one,, nice machine

I'll "second" what Steve says. These tractors are great work horses. I love our 2072!

A couple of things to look for...

1) Grab a 9/16" socket wrench, and a 9/16" box wrench when you go to pick it up and give a tug on all of the bolts that mount the tranny to the frame. As long as they're kept tight, you won't have problems, but if the pervious owner let them get loose you could have a stripped out bolt hole in the transmission case. Been there, done that!

2) Check the hoses that lead from the engine to the remote oil filter on the right side of the engine.

295179.jpg

If they leak, they can be fixed, but they're not cheap. Again, been there, done that!

3) As with any auto or piece of machinery, slide underneath it and look for any signs of leakage from the engine and transmission. These tractors aren't specifically known to be "leakers" but it's nice to know what you're working with BEFORE you get it home.

Don't let my comments above scare you away from these tractors. They are awesome work-horses and very comfy to run. <font size="-2">(Here is an old pic of ours when it had the soft-cab on it)</font>

295180.jpg

that looks like a real nice one you got there aaytay...blower on it looks immaculant did you rebuild that? I did pick up the 2072 today...a 450 blower will be my next purchase hopefully...im real happy with the 2072 everything looked pretty good on it best I could tell...I bought it off of a cub dealer that we've delt with a lot in the past so I don't think he'd sell me a junk piece...they do seem comfy to ride gonna take some getting used to after running my 1810

I love my 2072, so much that I upgraded my 782 with a Mag20 and Power Steering because the 2072 was just so comfy.

Glad to read you grabbed it. They are awesome.

you guys are starting to make me miss my 2072, I think Ill go ride my 782 I traded it for, it runs.

The Kohler mag 20 is a really solid and reliable power plant. I regularly pull my 2 bottom plow with mine and it gets a real work out, but keeps asking for more! I've been told it sounds pretty mean when sneaking up on you in a plow furrow too!

Latest posts

Back