• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

2072 with Haben 60” mower deck

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello first time posting from PA. I’ve had my 2072 for a few years now. I had to replace front PTO clutch. So why I had it apart I removed the deck to do some maintenance.
I found major wear on mower brackets and brake pedal shaft that runs under chassis. Getting the mower used I have no reference of correct hookup for deck? The heavy wear can’t be normal? Can’t find any info on how to attach the mower brackets to chassis correctly? Brackets look correct from schematic I found? Lower bracket is white but upper is yellow could be a replacement? Maybe adjustments / alignment?

IMG_4016.jpeg
IMG_3948.jpeg
IMG_3911.jpeg
IMG_3910.jpeg
IMG_3909.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3948.jpeg
    IMG_3948.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3909.jpeg
    IMG_3909.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3910.jpeg
    IMG_3910.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3911.jpeg
    IMG_3911.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4016.jpeg
    IMG_4016.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
I don't have your information, but if you interact with the other guys on various threads, they'll get to know you and may notice this thread more and have some idea of how to help you.

Question: You have never had the deck on the tractor, Correct?
And you bought the deck with the tractor?
Is part #2 (two of them) bolted to the frame, one on each side just ahead of the wheels?
If so, part #1 should hang from them with a 3/4" shaft.
Do you have all these parts??
#1, 2 & 3

Part #1 then slides down into part #6 and under pin #11

1695243861518.png

1695244509668.png

Last edited:
Thanks for schematics!
The deck has always been on tractor, but I have never had it off until now. I do have parts 1,2, & 3 and 1 is pinned to part 6. What is concerning is the wear on the upper bracket #16 and the brake pedal shaft.

Should the back part of bracket #16 be attached around the brake pedal shaft which is under the center of the tractor’s frame? That’s where it was!

I’m wondering now if it should have been around shaft #3? I’m not near tractor right now!

If your good with a welder I'd weld up those areas that are worn on both ends of the deck hanger and the brake rod underneath. I can't recall if the deck hanger goes around the brake rod or if there is another rod for the fender. There should be one bolt going thru the fender by the heal of your foot on each side. I think that is the rod, but if the brake rod is in the way I suppose the brake rod could be used. I don't recall. Sorry.

Those decks are heavy . How many hours on the mower ? I have several of the 60 " Haban decks so i may be able to get you a few pics for reference saturday.

Through the fender!!???
I don't think so Tim!!
Not thru the fender! :errrr: There is a rod that runs across the frame and has a bolt hole in it that a bolt runs thru the fender to help hold the fender in place.

Part # 16 which is the mule drive is hanging under the tractor and it goes into part # 17 which is bolted to the front of the 60 " deck. So slide the deck foreward then lift it up to get part 17 slid onto part 16 and then lift the rear of the deck while pulling out on the pins 13 to carry the rear of the deck. then all you need to do is hook up belt .

Both ends of your mower lift bracket, part #16 need to be welded up and re-machined flat with the front ends tapered equally on both sides.

We have 4 of these here and on each of them, this bracket, part #16 is not worn as badly as yours
See pic's

All pins, adjusting blocks and shoulder bolts need to fit nicely in their respective holes w/no slop in either direction. In some cases the holes may need to be welded up, drilled so they are round again and have new ferrules, pins and/or step bolts machined to match. I have done this with the the #374 we are restoring at present.

All the slop and wear in all the holes when combined with improper deck leveling adds up to unsatisfactory performance as evidenced by the finished product i.e., bad cut.

By the looks of the wear on your mower lift bracket, part #16, and I may be all wet here in my assumption, I suspect this deck was not properly setup and leveled from the get go, and/or the user was carrying it too low under the tractor resulting with some of the weight of the tractor also being carried by the subframe when the float is bottomed out.

Attachments

• DSCN9979.JPG
    DSCN9979.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCN9980.JPG
    DSCN9980.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCN9981.JPG
    DSCN9981.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCN9982.JPG
    DSCN9982.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Thanks for all the response and pictures to my post! Sorry for my slow response for getting back!! I use the 2072 at my camp and I just got back, no internet! After looking again with your suggestions and pics, I think the deck adjustments maybe be my problem!
One more question? Does the back/upper end of part #16 fit around the brake pedal shaft? It seems it’s the only place it can or I’m missing a bracket or part under the frame?

Latest posts

Back