• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Snowblower keeps plugging up

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbauer

displayname
Steven Bauer
I have a 782 with a 364 2-stage blower. It is only blowing the snow a few feet and continues to plug up the exit shoot. I painted the inside a couple of weeks ago with graphite paint and seems to be no help. Any ideas. both auger seems to be moving fast enough visually.Help. I got rid of a QA42 hoping this would be the cure.

If you was having the same problem with a different thrower I would check the PTO. Sounds like it's slipping.

Steven-
Since you've already swapped out the blower, you've probably eliminated any issue with the implement itself.

I would look at a slipping belt (either at the blower or the PTO end) or a PTO that slips internally. My guess is that it spins up to speed, but is slowing once you put a 'load' to it because something is "slipping".

I've had a QA42 as well as my current #450 (2-stage) blower, and neither of them would plug up much as long as everything was working properly or the snow was literally wringing wet.

I never had the QA on the 782. How could i tell if if the belt is slipping under load? I just wonder if the is not another pulley that i am suppose to have or something.

Steven , Are you running the 782 @ WOT? There are 2 different size belts listed in parts...37" & 41". Is tension spring keeping belt tight?
1a_scratchhead.gif
Is there pulley/shaft key sheared ? Belt slipping would be a squealing noise.
You can't drive as fast as plowing.

Yes i am running full throttle. The belt seems tight. I was tight going on so a can' t beleive i have the wrong one seeing how there is a 4" difference between them.

Steven there also 2 different size pulleys...(418) = 7" & (419) + 6.5". Do you have * Owners manual* to verify all mount & drive assemblies? To match GT. The (419) 6.5" pulley goes for 82 series GT. The manual is available on cubcadet.com

That just might be it Paul.The smaller would make it spin faster correct. How do you measure the pull. If i do a rough measure on the outside i get 6.5".

Steve-

Got your message. Looks like everybody's pretty much got it covered. Can you have someone watch the auger and paddles when you load it up with snow to see if they slow down? That might help you determine what is going on.

It looks like i have the right pulley. Should there be almost a finger gap between the second stage fan and the housing. I just thought it would be closer to create more vacum.

Do any of you guys know how to increase the belt tension. I spoke to a guy who worked at a Cub dealer in the past and he said to losen the bolt around the gear box and pry down and tighten. Has any tried this.

Steven, What size diameter is your idler pulley that the tension spring tightens ?... 4"?...2.25"? Give more pics of pto to gear box area.

Steven I noticed last night that my Model 451 snow blower on my Super cub 2072 likes to plug up from the heat of the headlights, Not sure if this may help you?

That isn't the headlights, it's the cooling air that has passed through the engine, or the exhaust.

MATT - I've scraped snow before with my belly mounted blade. All that snow flying around the middle of the tractor, I've had snow get sucked into the grass screen on the flywheel and it blows out the grill as STEAM....

I have checked every pulley on the machine. I even purchased a need belt on Friday. It still is not throwing more than 3'-4'. I think the owners manual saying a 41" belt is incorrect. Because it is not that tight. I was told by the IH dealer and Cub dealer it should be tight like a guitar string. Has anyone else had to use a smaller belt size than recomended? Next step is to take it in and have them go through it. I would hate to do that.

Steven B.
All this talk and no pics?
Post some pics and a bunch of them and maybe someone can see something your not telling us about.
biggrin.gif

Steven Bauer
If you have a good working pto you should have no problems moving snow.I usually feed the sucker that I load down the engine and I never had an issue with how far I can blow snow.I use a 450 on my 1512 diesel but there is not that much difference in what you have.I would say with mine don`t stand within 30' of me when I`am blowing snow because I might dump it on you lol. I have to agree with Charlie send or post some shots of the PTO and the tensioner and spring area. Heck send them to me and I will post them for you.Did you check the voltage on the PTO to see that it stays locked up ?? These blowers are simple and we will help if we can. Later Don T

Back