• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Snow thread 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have only had about 7 inches here in Tenn. What we had that made about 5 counties look like a war zone was ice. There is thousands of pine trees on the ground . It rained with sleet and snow mixed for 16 hours and the temperature at 16 to 22 degrees. That was two weeks ago. The power companys still have about 1200 families without power. I was out of power for four days. I had 6 inches on my house. It tore the leaf guards off my gutters. We had heavy damage to several local business roofs. We also had our main gas line feeding all of this county break at 1am the second day and gas was out for 7 hours. I never tried to push my driveway. The cub cadets are resting until storm cleanup starts.

We have been battling roof leaks here. seems we have 10" of ice along with the snow and it is melting and dripping though our ceiling In the bath room and two bed rooms. pots and pans collecting water ever where . I guess I will have to pull the wet insulation come spring and replace it. I hope this rotten winter gets over soon while I`am still sane.

Luther, YIKES!
icon_eek.gif
Hope everyone is OK down there. I'll take snow any day rather than freezing rain or sleet.

Don, I thought you had your roof cleared? Hopefully you won't have much damage, but it doesn't sound good.
sad.gif

Kraig
they cleared the snow off up from the rain gutters to about half way to the peak. but there is so much ice up there that can`t be removed . Problem is when the ice melts the water is backing up under the shingles and leaking . I know in the spring I will be replacing the insulation to 12" so next winter I will have no leaks . my shop has 12 " of insulation and has no ice but has 3'5" of snow but no ice . I think more insulation will stop this happening next winter.

The new snow belt Charlie ? LOL....we have had one snow this year worth playing in in central Indiana which was just last Sunday. We ended up with 10" here. I worked from 5:30 am until 8 pm that night cleaning driveways for people then another day on Monday. Made some good money though. I didnt get any pics but wish I would have. All the snows this year have gone south of us or north of us. Southern Indiana just got anywhere from 18-22". I should have went south a few days and cleaned snow for them.

what happened this thread is way down the list. some of us unlucky people are still getting snow GGGGGRRRRR. In fact we got over a ft last night and they say another foot or more Saturday. I soon will need to chain up the loader and break up the edges of the drive to get the cars in and out. So I took these this am for you all to enjoy.Saturday is above freezing day and rain they say . floods will be the norm around here.

out my back door on the deck .

295131.jpg

another shot of my garage from the back door.

295132.jpg

our car a fusion full of snow from last night.

295133.jpg

my golf and the ram and fiver all last night`s snow .

295134.jpg

295135.jpg

I wish the pictures would show just how deep this snow we have here is. the picture from my back door showing the garage roof , the snow must be over 4 feet on the edges because the chimney is 3 feet high almost at the top of the roof near the back and it can `t be seen today. the snow now down the drive is over 5 feet high everywhere . this is getting real old fast here . And they say Prince Edward Island has way more snow than us ,all most double the snow . I`am soon going to put my Nomad MC on the bike trailer and go south for a week and ride in some sun. there must be some sun somewhere ?

295138.jpg

Yes they got more snow on PEI and this looks cold. how do they get in and out lol.

295141.jpg

Don, wow!
icon_eek.gif
We got dumped on here last winter but so far this winter I have only used the Cub Cadet and snowthrower once.

Don, I took this photo on Sunday. No snow to be found.

295151.jpg

bash.gif

I sure wish we had that no snow problem like you and Charlie have .next will be flooding here I`am sure .

Don T. - Here's some that didn't get as far east as you are.

295325.jpg
happy.gif

well we got crap again last night . another 12" to 14 " of snow . this is getting old fast . the 1512 with the single stage done the job again and is so much easier than my walk behind . I do hope this winter is over soon .

Holy
censored.gif
Don! You can't catch a break! Are you guys trying to catch up to the East Coast? I feel for ya. It will hopefully all melt soon, slowly, so then you won't have flooding.
a_blink2.gif

Thursday and Friday we had a big melt going on with some heavy rains.. and of course the resulting flooding!
angry.gif

Then yesterday we get another inch of snow! But then the temps fell and it freezes over with loads of black ice on the streets.
bazooka.gif

I wish spring was really here!!
a_weep.gif

Back