• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Simplicity 728 Broadmoors

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clopo

displayname
Christopher Lopo
Not to long ago a family friend let me have one of his "junk" tractors. I looked through the lot and the one I found that seemed in the best of shape was a Simplicity 728. I'm hoping to get it running and put it to work, no I don't have a deck or anything like that on it nor do I have anything like that for it.

It still has its original 8hp briggs of which looks like it'll be a good runner, I put a spare plug I had in it and it has great compression, now for the bad news and the stuff I need to do on it.

From the looks of it, it's going to need a total rewire as the previous guy who owned it ( the one before the family friend) decided the take the starter gen off and left the wiring in a mess. it has a toggle switch for an ignition switch that I hope to replace with the proper key start switch. I need a starter gen for it and I've been working on it lately to see if I could pull start it to just see if it will run and it has no spark at all. I've cleaned the flywheel magnets and the mag but it still won't spark and I have no clue why!

any help would be greatly appreciated and a wiring diagram would help as well.

Chris, from the little I know...look for the 'kill switch' wire and see if its grounded. Thats the way my Tecumsah 5hp is shut off, with a switch. That wire is off the magnito someplace.

I thought of that too but there isn't a wire or anything coming off the mag, I'll try to get some photos of it to show you. I was hoping someone on here has worked on one that had its original 8hp, hoping they would know about the mag i'm talking about.

Thank you very much Allen! This is a big help! And here are a few photos of the mag and the engine as it sits now.

287663.jpg

287664.jpg

287665.jpg

287666.jpg

287667.jpg

287668.jpg

That is what I'm thinking, now I have to manage to find a replacement magneto that is the same type/model or one similar enough to work.

Latest posts

Back