• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Scarey stuff !

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aschumacher

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Allen Schumacher
I was reading an article about different web sites that collect personal information on people. They said just put in your name in quotes.
Well I tried it...The only thing that showed up that referred to me was a post I made here on the Forum on June 21 in the IHC Lawn Tractor section about a model 80. Gee wiz, how'd it find that! ? ?
Now I know why one of our members keeps changing his name !
jawdrop.gif

A.S. - I just copy'n pated your name in the browser url and hit go and you'r on the second page of google search with that post.

Here's the 4<sup>th</sup> page ... you need to post more often
biggrin.gif

192819.gif

2<sup>nd</sup> page ... I like that , it shows what Lipp said
clappy.gif

192822.gif

Now you understand what I was checking.. The reason I changed was because there is too much personal information (including my adult children's info) that can be Googled under my "legal" name. I don't have half as much concern about finding a public web page that I've posted to as taking my name from there and getting back personal info from the websites that are selling personal info they've picked up from tax registry's and other sources..

Now I understand said the blacksmith, as he picked up a wheel and spoke.!
So how did Kentuck end up on page 2 and me on pg 4?
I still wonder how Google found stuff on this Forum when you gotta log on eithey manually or by cookie. (or can we get in here w/o login to look around, just cant post?)

"I see", said the blind man. (But he didn't see, at all).
In grade school (54-63) my teacher (Mary Anderson) "suggested" that I read "1984". It was a little late in getting here, but it's here. Got cameras in your home? Got Google driving by? It's OK - it's for the common good.
destroy.gif

Mine probably wasn't. Check out 506 Cottage Road, Portage Lake, Maine 04768. It's mowed, tonight, along with most of the back field AKA pasture. All done with a tired old 123 with a 42" pin on deck. It was touch and go - what would run out first, my ambition, gas, or oil. My ambition lost, but it was a fine thing, chugging along, knocking grass down, tossing it off to the right and the moon overseeing the whole process. Tractor headlights are so nice to have at time like this.
happy.gif

I post to several different forums, and posts to this forum are the only ones that show up on Google.

I think maybe Gerry & Ken have a good idea about their names here.

Frank - They didn't trust your neighborhood well enough to drive down your road. You can see the little camera icons how close they got.

192868.jpg

They got my house dead on !

Ken: That is so cool! (Do old people say "cool")? Nothing better than an ariel view! I guess they're watching you closer than than they are me!
192874.jpg
smile.gif

Yep that's him ! That's the little snot nosed rug rat that was taking pics of my place.

I hope he was eating buttered popcorn !!

By golly gee, maybe I should change my shorts twice a day if they are looking that closely! <font size="-2">Ken, hint, hint.</font>
clappy.gif

Ken, that big yellow thing in the aerial photo... is that a water tower in your yard ???
rofl.gif

"I still wonder how Google found stuff on this Forum when you gotta log on eithey manually or by cookie. (or can we get in here w/o login to look around, just cant post?)"

Not all of the topics require login......

Ken, middle inital can be 'J' at certain times. I use Allen in public, but is actually my middle name. I guess I could be listed as J. Allen or Allen J. or even John A., depending what forms I filled out at the time.

Latest posts

Back