• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

What my 1Ndone is all about

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thoffman

displayname
Tom Hoffman
Comming clean here.

For some time you guys and gals have seen my "1Ndone" post and a few of you asked WTH I'm talking about. First of all, I don't own, run or have any financial connection to running this site other than the fun of visiting daily. The fun or visiting with other International Harvester, IH, IHC, McCormick-Deering and Cub Cadet enthusiasts is enough "payment" for me. I love this stuff, and been living it my whole life.

It just pi$$e$ me off to no end when I see posts in the classified section with people with 1-2-3 posts. These people NEVER CONTRIBUTE <u>ANYTHING</u> to the site other than getting a "free ride" to sell something. If your smart enough to know how to get here at least contribute something to the group. I/we can learn something new every day. I sure as hell don't know everything, but of what I do know I will kindly share with anyone.

Yup, I post stuff here too, mostly things that "tractor guys" are into. I also do my share of buying too. I have made a few bucks here and there, and have sold for some losses at times too. I alway felt that prices posted a fair to the average everyday Joe. I never said/thought I would get rich buying/selling this stuff, nor did I expect to, I just want this stuff to stay in the "IH community".

I would more likely to business with someone that has been a here for some time than a 1Ndoner. Just sayin'.

Off the soapbox now..................... Next up?

I get it now. And I agree with you about exploiting the site only for personal gain. Another thing I noticed is one can tell usually by the price what that seller is up to. When you see a $500 tractor listed for $2000 and find out via the sellers profile that they joined that day with one post to their credit it's pretty easy to see what's up.

I just ignore those ads. I imagine in most cases those type of sellers rarely come back too.

I dunno about the rest of you but I just grin when I see a 1Ndoner post and imagine Tom setting at is confuser getting hotter by the second and the comments flying right and left.

OH S_ _T another one of those @#$%&*^%#@#^ 1Ndoner's!
roflol.gif
roflol.gif
roflol.gif

Yep, what Charlie wrote.
happy.gif

On a couple of gun forums I participate in, before you can post in the classifieds you have to have at least 20 posts...

I wouldn't mind the "One-And-Done-ers" so much if they would quit posting $3,000 Quietlines and get back to posting $50 sets of wheel weights (with shipping included of course!)

<font size="-2">(What gets me are the guys who post Artic-Cat snowmobiles in the For-Sale section.)</font>

roflol.gif
roflol.gif
roflol.gif
roflol.gif

Art, learn how to spell! It's Arctic Cat not Artic Cat. Teachers... :roflol:

I used to be happy that they would at least come here to offer some Cub Cadet a chance at a second go round with people who appreciate a great machine. But it seems everyone figures their stuff is RARE! And it's gotta be worth a bunch!

I would actually sigh when Tom would agonize and post the 1ndone alert.. but I guess everyone wants/needs to advertise their goods in the biggest venue possible to have a chance at getting the most money they can.

So I guess I don't seeing anyone doing anything wrong at face value. Some people only see the tractor as a thing or a tool, turn it into cash and go get a new cell phone right?

OK, stepping down now.. who's next?

I could go next. I come here every day. It was kind of nice to see a 107 for sale within 60 miles of here. Made me wish I needed another one! There was a time that posting for sale wasn't free. Now, it's up to the powers that be that allow the 1ND. Wanna guess how long it took me to figure out what 1ND means? Hint: at least quite a while, and it came to me while I was mowimg with Matthew (149). No better time to be able to think!
happy.gif

Kraig-
I bow to the master.. I guess that's what I get for being AWOL from the forum for a couple of months, and then walking in the door and trying to ZING ya.
a_weep.gif

Art, one of my pet peeves is when people misspell arctic as artic. It's a very common mistake. BTW, on a local Arctic Cat dealer's pickup it's painted on as Artic Cat.
a_blink2.gif
facepalm.gif

Say, when we gonna get together to do some target shooting? Do you still need to sight in that rifle?
dunno.gif

In a feeble attempt to half way defend SOME of the 1Ndone guys and gals.

In the last 4 years, I've had 21 ask me to find someone to take their Cub for free!

I know of 11 of those were forum members.

So I guess in a way, there's good and bad ways to look at it. I just wish some of those free one's were closer to me.
Course there's NOTHING freakin close to me any more, LOL

Y'know, I agree with Tom. Something that I wish some people would do, too, is come back and say if something worked or didn't work or ask more questions.. Not pointin' fingers or takin' names, I just notice every so often that someone'll join, ask a question, and then disappear, never to be heard from again. It'd be nice to know if it worked or if they need help or what.. Plus, you guys deserve more of a thanks than you get from newbies like me.

Latest posts

Back