Well rainy days equals shop time.
Made a bit more headway today and finished up the headstock.
I hope to corner the neighbor tomorrow for help in laying down the cabinet and installing the UMD components.
Got the motor and underdrive unit install yesterday with the help of my oldest Son, Les.
Although the belt I had thought was correct is way too long as can be seen in the pictures.
I am thinking I may have made made a typo by adding another '4' (3440) (5L440) when I ordered the belt and have been told the correct belt is a #3400 (5L400)
This from a fellow that has the same lathe w/original motor and 2 place pulley. Belt is a Truflex brand
Mine is a replacement motor and single place pully.
Just about to wrap this up.
All I need now is a live center for the tail stock, and the correct switch so I can wire up to the 220 I have in my shop.
However, I can still use then plug on the motor cord for the time being.
The drum switch showed up last week and Les and I made an adaptor for the mounting and shaft extension for the handle so as to not have to drill new holes in the cabinet and be able to use the original holes.
He is home this month recovering from a hernia operation and has been great support for this project.
Here is the switch before installation in the cabinet.