• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Replacement engine

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfinck

displayname
jochua finck
Hi,I was wondering what whould make a good replacement engine for my 682? I know kohler and Honda make one.

My personal preference would be a Honda. But then ya will need to get a kit or make some parts to get it to bolt in properly. Plus you need to make sure the crank is the right diameter so that the EPTO fits on properly.

Jochua:

My suggestion would be a KT-17 Series II or a M-18 Kohler. The KT-17 is a drop in replacement with no alterations, while the M-18 is a drop in replacement with a minor electrical wiring alteration.
thumbsup.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 181
Hugh, I fountd a Honda that is set up to bolt right in! It runs around $1250. not bad compared to $2000 for a kohler kt-17.I'll have to check into the M-18 kohler.

Hugh, I found a Honda that is set up to bolt right in! It runs around $1250. not bad compared to $2000 for a kohler kt-17.I'll have to check into the M-18 kohler.

Roland, Thanks for the information! I'll be sure to check it out!

Jochua,

If you are going to go the M18 route, also keep your eyes out for an M20 (they are HOT).

Kohler Command engines in the 18-23hp range can also be easily adapted to red tractors. They were standard in some late models with frames similar to the 82 series. I think it's possible to do a Command swap with almost all Cub parts.

Small engine warehouse has many options as well.

I think smallenginewarehouse has a Honda kit that includes wiring, muffler, driveshaft flange, etc for around $1300. Most definitely the way I'd go. I think there are horsepower options up to 23hp also.

Travis, I agree, I think the "small engine ware house" Has some of the best deal I have ever seen! I'll certainly check into the M20! Thanks so much!

Latest posts

Back