Quantcast
Kirk Engines, Inc Cub Cadet Used Parts CADET CONNECTION Cub Cadet Specialties Cub Cadet Specialties

RED CUBS ?

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
If by Red Cubs, you mean the 82 Series, i.e., 482, 582, 682, 782 and 982, the answer is both (well actually MTD came later, it was Cub Cadet Corporation aka CCC for a short while). It depends on the serial number. Here's a chart that has the serial number breaks.

CCC_AttachmentGuide19.jpg

dware

displayname
David Ware
Have a 782d and I love it . Will be on it this afternoon .

rengasser

displayname
Rick Engasser
The belly of the IH built 82 series were painted red and built in the Louisville plant. When MTD started building them in Brownsville they painted the belly black so there was commonality between the Red IH tractors and the Yellow CCC tractors.

mpatterson

displayname
Mike Patterson

Attachments

dware

displayname
David Ware
Yesterday my 782D started losing some speed going up a grade , any ideas why ?

Wallace Fiala

My 1978 1450 has never had any hydro issues. Used for mowing and snow blowing until 6 years ago when I got an RZT-S for mowing. Just use the other for snow every year now.

mgonitzke

displayname
Matt Gonitzke
You haven't left it with the trans release so you couild push tractor when not running? I did that once before I figured it out
Transmission release valves on a 782D are automatic and will not function while the engine is running.

dware

displayname
David Ware
YOU should have read the whole post , I said it started losing speed going up a grade . If I was going up a grade it had to be moving .

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Have a look at the FAQ link I posted up above. One of the symptoms of a worn trunion slot is slowing down when going up a hill.