• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

RED CUBS ?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If by Red Cubs, you mean the 82 Series, i.e., 482, 582, 682, 782 and 982, the answer is both (well actually MTD came later, it was Cub Cadet Corporation aka CCC for a short while). It depends on the serial number. Here's a chart that has the serial number breaks.

CCC_AttachmentGuide19.jpg

The belly of the IH built 82 series were painted red and built in the Louisville plant. When MTD started building them in Brownsville they painted the belly black so there was commonality between the Red IH tractors and the Yellow CCC tractors.

Attachments

• Tractor IH 982 Oct. 2009 002.jpg
    Tractor IH 982 Oct. 2009 002.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 234
  • DSCN0574.JPG
    DSCN0574.JPG
    156.6 KB · Views: 229
  • DSCN0642.JPG
    DSCN0642.JPG
    171.8 KB · Views: 270
  • DSCN1633.JPG
    DSCN1633.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 256
  • DSCN4384.JPG
    DSCN4384.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 290
  • DSCN4979.JPG
    DSCN4979.JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 260
You haven't left it with the trans release so you couild push tractor when not running? I did that once before I figured it out

Transmission release valves on a 782D are automatic and will not function while the engine is running.

YOU should have read the whole post , I said it started losing speed going up a grade . If I was going up a grade it had to be moving .

Have a look at the FAQ link I posted up above. One of the symptoms of a worn trunion slot is slowing down when going up a hill.

Back