• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

REAR PTO ELECTRICAL WIRING TIE IN POINTS

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsenterfitt

displayname
Geary Senterfitt
I just installed a rear PTO on my 1872 and I am not sure of the final wiring tie ins. The new PTO clutch assembly and shaft to the trans is a new old stock unit. The rear end plate is complete with pulleys,idler and tensioner spring. I was told at the time of my purchase that the PTO system was complete except for a jumper harness and a switch.

There are three wires at the back of my 1872. two wires (brown and tan) that have a jumper across them and a single white wire. There is only one wire coming off the rear PTO clutch assembly that has a attachment clip on the end of it. I am in hopes I have described this correctly.

I drained the hydraulic oil, changed out the rear gasket and mounted the rear plate with the PTO pulley as and Idler and then installed the PTO assembly onto the transmission. The belts fit fine and all was in order except for the wiring. I added new Trans fluid.

I do not have a switch installed for the rear yet. I have a spare switch for the front PTO and hope it is the same as the rear PTO switch so I will not have to purchase a new switch. Please advise. I went to the Cub Web site and looked at the drawings I could find for the rear PTO and electrical hook up for the rear PTO and I am confused. The drawings show a new jumper to purchase and install and it is just under $40.00. I do not know if it goes to the front switch or goes in the rear and would like to know. Also where are my tie in points for the front switch? I see pictures of the switch being mounted on the front right lower dash panel and find several sized holes for the mounting of the switch. I have not found a detailed drawing or written description and would appreciate any info or especially drawings as to how the front and rear wiring tie into the switch and the rear PTO.

1—Is the front PTO switch and the rear PTO switch the same?
2—Does The $40.00 jumper have to be factory or is this a multi tie in jumper that is best to be factory and where does it belong, front or rear and what are the plug in points?
3- How does the rear PTO wiring tie in?

I know the PTO will work fine because I used one of the two wires (Tan or Black in rear harness, I cant remember which)....…and when I activated the front PTO switch the 60” Haban deck turned --- as well as the rear PTO, as long as I held the front PTO switch up. I know this is not proper but it let me know the rear PTO was working properly and now I need to complete the wiring properly for proper use and safety.

I try to do all my work correct and neatly. This past year I did a frame off restoration of this 1872 and sanded and painted all parts before re assembling it. The only thing left is completing this PTO project.

Any photos, drawings or directions would be greatly appreciated. Please email me direct as well as leave it here. I am not very computer literate and have trouble navigating. Any help would be sooo greatly appreciated. Geary S. [email protected] 337-935-6363

Geary, do you have the installation manual for the rear PTO? If not I have it scanned in and could post some of the pages if need be.

Latest posts

Back