• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Quieting a 104

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apoole

displayname
arthur l. poole
My 104 has a new original style muffler and it still makes quite a racket. Any ideas on 104 sound suppression, thanks, Art

I would be curious as well for my 107. I know my hood rattles so I need to replace the weatherstripping pad and one of the latches. I wondered if a new exhaust might help? Mine isn't too loud, but I do live in a densely populated area.

They are loud, not sure you'll be able to quiet them any. If you've ever heard one with a straight pipe you'll probably think yours is quiet, for a while anyway. Quite a bit of the noise is mechanical noise that a muffler will not quiet. The "Quiet Line" series: Models 800, 1000, 1200, 1250, 1450, 1650, tries to address this with the side panels and firewall. Here's some excerpts from the brochure:

1450brochure03a.jpg
1450brochure03b.jpg

Yep, thats probably the best option. I've been using "ear muffs" for almost 40 years. Even on my Quietlines..... because really, they aren't much quieter for the operator. I've noticed is you are a bystander, the quietlines are noticeably quieter than one of the older ones. The 82 series is a bit quieter yet. My guess is partly because of the lack of vibration from the twins, vs the single cylinder. Also, the lower horsepower tractors seem a bit quieter than the 14 and 16's.

I had to till a small garden once here recently, and I found I had left my ear muffs at home. After 30ish minutes tilling with no hearing protection (on my 1450) I make for certain the muffs are in the truck or on the tractor......

My local Fleet Farm always seems to have the 3M Bluetooth ear muffs on sale (I got em for $10 cheaper than my buddy who got em with 3M employee discount). I use them every time I'm running a small engine, air tools, or grinders pretty much.

They were an excellent investment, got a pair for my wife too, now I can bring her along to the tractor pull and she just listens to music in her own little world 😂

I don’t wear any earmuffs while I use my cubs (I know guys dumb move),but a due notice a big noise reduction on my quiet line versus my 149s and by far the loudest is my 125

Latest posts

Back