• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Plow Day - Fall 2008 Roanoke, IL

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sblunier

displayname
Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL)
<font size="+2">PLOW DAY - ROANOKE, IL</font>

89735.jpg

Just wanted to let everyone know the "official" Plow Day date and location for this fall.

Fall Plow Day will be held in Roanoke, IL (61561) at the Steve Blunier farm on Saturday October 18th, with a rain date of October 25th (or maybe a beans not cut date
happy.gif
)

As always, there will be activities Friday evening for those coming in early.

More info to follow....

Thanks,

Steve

<font size="+2">2008 ROANOKE, IL PLOW DAY INFORMATION</font>

<font size="+2">IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ!!!!!</font>

It MAY be necessary to move the date for the plow day in Roanoke back several weeks due to delays in harvest due to the late planting, recent heavy rains, and overall condition of the crops. I hate to even bring this up this early, but it is a real possibility that we will not have finished harvest by 10/18/08. Most corn in this area is still at or above 30% moisture and I have yet to see a machine in the field shelling corn, seed corn harvest has barely started.

I hope we don't have to move the date, but want you all to have advanced notice of what's going on just in case we do need to.

I will post more info in a few weeks when we have a better idea of what is going on.

Please be patient and understanding.

Thanks!!!!

Steve

<font size="+2">ROANOKE PLOW DAY - FINAL INFORMATION</font>

Last week was literally the straw that broke the camel's back. The combine is still parked in the shed, and the host (your's truely) ended up in the hospital all week for an emergency appendectomy (burst during surgery)........<font size="+2">...SO..........</font>

<font size="+2">Roanoke Plow Day will officially be held Saturday November 1st. It will be an all or nothing deal, no rain date</font> (due to the National Toy Show), but if the weather holds we should have the crops off by then and we can all enjoy some plowing!!! 4-H will have a food stand like years past.

Please pass the word, and thanks for being understanding.

Mr. Plow

Steve, will there be night plowing on Friday, 10/31, Halloween? Hope you are feeling better soon. Shane and I will be there Friday/Saturday or just Saturday if that's the way it goes.

Bill

Bill,

I'm sure the Friday night gang will be there....
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Steve - Hope you are feeling better, I'm not sure if I will be in attendance or not due to my work schedules
sad.gif
email me for more details
sad.gif

Steve, that's excellent, we'll be there. Brian, Shane and I camped out last time in the Suburban. We're planning on doing it again. Could be a little chilly. I'm thinking about getting one of those catalytic heaters.

Bill

Bill, I can sympathize with ya. The pop up we borrowed ran out of gas half way through the night out at Travis' place. Made for a cold Saturday morning, should have brought the big tank.
rolleyes.gif

The Friday night's festivities may be a bit delayed, as I have to drive a hayrack ride @ my house for the kid's trick-o-treating.

Camping in the pasture is fine....

Plow Day Update:

Beans have been cut off of the plow day field. They made 58 bu/acre, but were fairly green stemmed and down a bit (like many of the beans in this area). The field will benefit from a rain or two before the 1st, as it will help settle the straw. We have not yet started to pick any corn, so the postponement to the 1st was inevitable.

Some good news about the field condition....ground is softer than we've seen in many years, due to the wet summer. If the weather holds off immediately before the 1st, it should make for some nice plowing.

We will be plowing north and south this year, opposite our normal east/west direction from plow days past. This will actually probably work out better and leave easier access to the whole field throughout the day.

A note about Friday evening:

We will be setting up Friday afternoon as usual and may do a bit of evening plowing if conditions are OK for it. I'm sure there will be some chilli or soup along with cheese/crackers etc. for eats (feel free to bring whatever you think is appropriate). We will probably push back the party a bit until around 7:30 or 8:00 or so to give a few of us time to Trick-or-Treat with the kids (I know I'm booked for a hayrack ride or two back at my place...)

Steve B,I have not found a specific address for your Roanoke,IL farm. Can u help, so I can Google map it? And share in your dirt turning FUN
help.gif
on 11/1 !! Also is Registration available & / or Required ? PWR (Just a Plowday Rookie)
ihrotate.gif

Paul, Just look for Route 116. It goes right thru Roanoke. Plowday site is just west of town about 1/4 mile west of the Dodge dealer and a 1/4 mile south of 116. There will be signs on 116 pointing towards plowday.The road its on is a rural route no name just numbers.

Chris E Thanks for directions,
thumbsup.gif
...The Google Satellite image shows green fields,but you put me where I want to be. Now I need to get details sorted out on my end! PWR
Shift.gif

<font size="+2">IMPORTANT PLOW DAY INFORMATION</font>

I wanted to take a few minutes to explain the site map posted below and to ask all of you who will be attending next weekend to please review the map and try to follow the guidelines it outlines as closely as possible.

We are still picking corn and probably will be right up to next weekend, so there hasn't been a lot of time to clean up some of the common areas we usually use for plow day. There will be "Caution" tape up around several areas that have been "open" at previous events, for everyone's safety, please avoid these areas.

Site Map:

95771.jpg

Orange/Yellow = Off Limits Area. (This includes inside of all of the buildings and any parked farm machinery...for everyone's safety)

JD Green = Truck & trailer parking. Dashed lines indicate traffic route. Additional parking is available at the church.

IH Red = Plow Tractor Parking. Dashed lines indicate traffic pattern and headland driving areas.

Purple = Vendor set up area.

Blue = Display area (custom and or non-plowing tractors)

Dark Green = Food stand, Toilet, and Registration/Door Prize area.

Brown = Plowing field. NOTE: Plowing will be NORTH and SOUTH this year...this is different than in the past.

General Information:

Main Event 9:00-2:00 Saturday November 1st.
Unloading starts ~8:00
Door Prizes: Immediately after lunch.
Parade Lap: Immediately after door prizes.

Friday Night Plowing

Unload 4:00-6:00pm
Plowing ~6:30pm
Snacks/Social Hour: After plowing

Basic ground rules:

Safety FIRST

Move tractors at walking speed around pit/parking area.

Honor "Off Limits" areas.

Please post any questions, otherwise we are looking forward to a great event.

Big Steve & Mr. Plow

<font size="+2">MORE PD INFO</font>

I have one more map to share with everyone that explains what will be happening out in the field. Since the layout is different this year, I hope this helps everyone get a sense of where everything will be taking place.

95961.jpg

RED = headlands and driving lanes, these are not to be plowed.

GREEN = area in front of registration table reserved for PARADE LAP after lunch. This will be taped/marked off, please don't plow here until we line up for the parade lap. (Big Steve or I will start the line for the parade lap and will try to keep everyone bunched up for good picture opportunities!!!!)

BLACK = Friday night plowing.

BLUE = Open plowing all day Saturday.

The red driveway up the center of the field is necessary for the parade lap and the parade area will allow the most spectators the best view without walking all the way out into the field.

Thanks for your cooperation, and see you all this weekend.

Big Steve & Mr. Plow

Latest posts

Back