Kirk Engines, Inc Cub Cadet Used Parts CADET CONNECTION Cub Cadet Specialties Cub Cadet Specialties

Picled up a 1050. Today.

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

spndncash

If you look closer at the brochure pages I posted, it lists both a 38" and 44" deck as optional. The 38" deck has two blades, the 44" deck has three blades. The photo is of the 38" deck.
Kraig, that's what I think too but when I was looking up parts to compare the trans/diff I looked at the decks and other items. the parts "seem" to show a 38" deck with two 10.19" blades and one 19.97" blade...I have proved I am not the person to go to for parts look up, but this looks nothing like the two blade staggered deck in the picture.
1593714886193.png

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Kraig, that's what I think too but when I was looking up parts to compare the trans/diff I looked at the decks and other items. the parts "seem" to show a 38" deck with two 10.19" blades and one 19.97" blade...I have proved I am not the person to go to for parts look up, but this looks nothing like the two blade staggered deck in the picture.
View attachment 139151
The deck you posted is a much older style. That would not have been available for use on the tractor in question. It could be an error in the Parts Lookup database or you did something wrong in your search.

bjames

displayname
Bill James
The Parts Lookup for the 1050 does show the 357 38" mower deck, which is a 3 blade deck.
The 2 blade deck in the brochure looks like one used on lawn tractors.

bkattner

displayname
Brian Kattner
I've got a 1050 with a 38". It's the 3 blade deck, the 2 little ones and the large center one.
It's a 3 speed gear drive. IDK who the trans manufacturer is....it isn't the 1100/482/582s etc trans. They are nice tractors.
I added a spring assist and creeper from a parts 1200 to mine.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
I see that I stand corrected regarding the mower deck on this. I didn't know that Cub Cadet continued to use a deck similar to the old IH built three blade deck. Spndncash, your search was correct. (y)

bkattner

displayname
Brian Kattner
Cubs4lifeofme- does your 1050 have lights?

cubs4lifeofme

Just went fer a few laps around yard. Mowes good but has a heck of a hydraulic " whine " noise" ...but is alot faster than my 1882

hydroharry

displayname
Harry Bursell
Hey Matt - did CCC keep the drain plug on the manual shift tranny? I never understood why IH had the drain plug on the bottom of the manual shift trannies but not on the hydro trannies. The castings were sure similar. Only answer I've gotten so far was way way back from Ken Updike - he said it would'a cost IH to much.