• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Picled up a 1050. Today.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you look closer at the brochure pages I posted, it lists both a 38" and 44" deck as optional. The 38" deck has two blades, the 44" deck has three blades. The photo is of the 38" deck.
Kraig, that's what I think too but when I was looking up parts to compare the trans/diff I looked at the decks and other items. the parts "seem" to show a 38" deck with two 10.19" blades and one 19.97" blade...I have proved I am not the person to go to for parts look up, but this looks nothing like the two blade staggered deck in the picture.
1593714886193.png

Kraig, that's what I think too but when I was looking up parts to compare the trans/diff I looked at the decks and other items. the parts "seem" to show a 38" deck with two 10.19" blades and one 19.97" blade...I have proved I am not the person to go to for parts look up, but this looks nothing like the two blade staggered deck in the picture.
View attachment 139151

The deck you posted is a much older style. That would not have been available for use on the tractor in question. It could be an error in the Parts Lookup database or you did something wrong in your search.

The Parts Lookup for the 1050 does show the 357 38" mower deck, which is a 3 blade deck.
The 2 blade deck in the brochure looks like one used on lawn tractors.

I've got a 1050 with a 38". It's the 3 blade deck, the 2 little ones and the large center one.
It's a 3 speed gear drive. IDK who the trans manufacturer is....it isn't the 1100/482/582s etc trans. They are nice tractors.
I added a spring assist and creeper from a parts 1200 to mine.

I see that I stand corrected regarding the mower deck on this. I didn't know that Cub Cadet continued to use a deck similar to the old IH built three blade deck. Spndncash, your search was correct. (y)

Hey Matt - did CCC keep the drain plug on the manual shift tranny? I never understood why IH had the drain plug on the bottom of the manual shift trannies but not on the hydro trannies. The castings were sure similar. Only answer I've gotten so far was way way back from Ken Updike - he said it would'a cost IH to much.

Back