• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Pickers

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dross

displayname
Dave Ross
I seen a show last night called pickers on Discovery, anybody else? Anybody catch the 124/5 in the trailer. They only stayed on it for about 3 seconds, at the farm where they got the vespa. I think thier out of the Quad cities, I know where Bear lives. Just thought it was cool.

I saw the show mentioned on the RPM forum but didn;t see it.
Was it about mechanical pickers or ???

Years ago I think both IH & JD made all their pickers in the Q-C's.

I saw it, i did not see the 124 though.

It's two friends that go around to peoples houses and find old things and they buy them from them.

Dennis, the shows set up for a couple guys who run around to farms or junkyards or where ever to find old stuff (junk) to see if they can buy it. Like they got old signs, an old saddle, the vespa. They call it pickers cause they pick though stuff to find it.

Well, that show topic describes most of us on this forum. I think Charlie should start a new show called "Diggers" where a guy drives around in a rusty blue <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> Scout and gets unbelievable deals on old Cub Cadets and attachments. All he'd have to do is have me follow him around during a typical day with my video camera...
coffee.gif

I just looked it up, it's called "American Pickers" and originates on the History Channel. Looks like I missed the first one - Thanks for the heads up!!!

(I know a place in Florida to send Charlie for "Diggers")

Yesterday's Des Moines Regsiter had an article about the guys. They are from LeClaire, Iowa if I recall correctly. I'll have Angel set the papaer aside in a little bit if anyone wants more info about them.

Ahhhhh I see.....I know a couple guys who did that years ago and filled up a couple BIG barns with Cub Cadets!

Kraig:
It's actually pretty well known...At this point, I'm not sure I'd go into the place without high boots and maybe a .22 pistol loaded with birdshot. We're gonna go look pretty soon (you really didn't have to do that
clappy.gif
)

Ya know, the funny thing is, I've actually talked to the executor of that estate in Florida.
They are more eccentric than the owner was that I visited with years before.
He wouldn't go into much detail about what will happen with everything, but did hint to the fact that there were still family members out there that still had an interest in selling everything off, which ticked the old guy off really well before he died.
So I'm thinkin that all that stuff will probably just set and rust down to the ground.
sad.gif

The CCC dealer in town just shakes his head...AFAIK, the estate is controlled by someone in the Northeast..

Kendell;
I have a couple .22's,plenty of birdshot,and snake boots! All I need is a location!
clappy.gif
!

I have a cousin like that. He owns about 20 or so Cubs ranging from atleast 3 Originals to a nice 104 with PTO and 3-point lift. They all sit outside and never get used or restored. He refuses to sell anything. So sad all those old cubs going to waste, it hurst just to go visit the poor things.
Not to mention that he has some nice Wheelhorse tractors also, including a very rare Indy500 model.

I got a chance to see that American Pickers show last night. The old guys who own all that stuff remind me of my dad. Good show - fun to watch. Thanks for the tip.

Sounds like my Uncle Johns place. He wants to get rid of his stuff but no longer has any idea what he has out there. I know he has a bunch of "small" parts I want to get my hands on. Alot of mtd junk up there and one really old Bolens. My older cousin has no clue either which is sad. I want to go "picking" up there!

Did any of you see American Pickers last night?? Did you see those, not one but two, Giant Farmall signs??

Tom, I watched it last night but wasn't watching to close, I missed that.

TOM - Did those signs look like the "KEYSTONE" shaped grill emblems on the old H's & M's?

And say about 3-4 feet tall and 20-25 ft long?

Latest posts

Back