• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Old style rear sheet metal on a cyclops?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmhill

displayname
John Hill
Hey guys, as you may have noticed from my previous forum posts, I have a 2182 that I'm fixing up. I'm replacing the crappy cyclops front end with a slightly modified hood and grill from an 1811. I'd love to also replace the rear sheet metal (or whatever it's called) with the old style stuff as well. I didn't think this was possible because of the fuel tank that's mounted back there, until I saw a picture of a 1772 that also has a rear mounted fuel tank. So here's my question. If I could find a fuel tank from a 1772 or similar older diesel, is there any reason I couldn't use my 1811 rear sheet metal as well? I realize that I'd have to cut a hole in the center of it, but is there anything else that would prohibit me from doing this?
talker.gif

You'd also need the mounting brackets from the 1772 for the fuel tank and fenders. Not sure why you think you have to cut a hole in the middle though...

The hole is for the fuel tank filler cap. On a cyclops, the gas cap is right behind the seat sticking through the "tailgate".

Matt, you're right, I forgot that there's already a hole there for the battery on the gas models. Thanks!

I'd leave the saddle tank fenders on it.....5 gallons of fuel for a thirsty high hp gas motor.....

Latest posts

Back