• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Old Photos

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
I was looking through some old slides the other day and came across this slide. This was taken back in about 1968, a year before my parents bought their (now my) Cub Cadet 125. Yep, that's me setting on that MF. That's my parent's house which they had built on the family farm in 1967, the old farm house was damaged by the excavator that they had hired to dig out and enlarge the cellar. The excavator hit a thick clay layer and lost traction and slid into one of the HUGE timbers that the house had been raised up on. This ended up tilting the house and ruining the integrity of the structure. In any case we were putting in some shrubs in the landscape around the new house. I do remember helping put in the shrubs, I have a scar on my left thumb from one of those split metal containers that the shrubs are shipped in.
angry.gif
I do NOT however remember ever seeing the Massey Ferguson. I have no idea who it belonged to and my father passed away in 2007 so I can't ask him. I do have some older cousins that might have an idea so I need to have a talk with them to see if they recall it. I doubt it belonged to any neighbors, several of the neighbors are my cousins and they had only IH equipment. Another neighbor had Wheel Horse GTs and the rest had small lawns and push mowers. This could explain why I've always liked the looks of those MF GTs.
happy.gif

186040.jpg

186041.jpg

186042.jpg

Here's another old slide, circa 1975 or 1976. Me on the 1972 Arctic Cat Panther we used to have. Photo taken at the back of the farm in the "pines" near the area where I've been putting in a WILDLIFE FOOD PLOT. The food plot is now located in the area seen in the upper right of the photo.

186043.jpg

Those are kinda kool. I lost all my pictures in a house fire in 91. There was a picture of me on a 122. Goind back once in a is nice.

Her's a oldie for ya! Picture of my Dad and Aunt on the back of our Cub Cadet's Great, Great gandpa. This is a International Harvester 15-30 Titan. The lady and the man off to the left are my Grandparents. I guess you know where there the IH RED Blood comes from.
your_image.gif

Kraig-
Those are some neat old pictures. That POOR wagon! It looks like it met it's last day right there.

Kraig M. Cool pics of you on the MF10. That had to be a 1967 (first year) Massey Ferguson. I can't remember exactly however I think our 1968 MF10 that my folks bought new had a front mounting (or weight bracket) painted red on the otherwise gray paint of the frame. Your speed variator lever looks to be either in second or third position. One more thing... I could help you relive the excitement of those little MF GTs by selling you mine with the cab and snowthrower.
happy.gif
It won't be cheap though. The cabs for Massey Ferguson garden tractors are somewhat hard to come by from what I've heard.

Kraig-

Maybe your father was trying out tractors and eventually decided on the cub. That MF is a good looking tractor and looks new.

Cool pics!

Kraig:
In about '84, my local source of parts for my '67 8 horse M-F went OOB. He had a 16 horse that was a couple of years old out front, that I really liked, but we couldn't agree on price. If I'd gotten that, I undoubtedly would never have gotten the 129......wow -to think - my world without Cubs!!!
thumbdown.gif

The roller on the deck has the paint worn off as with the discharge area of the deck on the MF10 so it has done some mowing already. Could have been a demonstrator. Last year I sold two decks to a gentleman from Connecticut so he could make one good deck for his MF12. He drove to Des Moines for some business and then to Colo to pick them up. Deck repair parts would have cost him over $1200.00 to rebuild the spindles alone he told me.

Marlin, funny, after I found that slide of me on that MF10, one of the first things I did was look up the photos of your MF10 with the cab that I took at PD6.
happy.gif
happy.gif
Seeing that you brought it up, I better posts those photos, they were taken back in 2003 so they are getting old.
happy.gif
BTW, I'd love to buy it but I can't afford it.
sad.gif

186158.jpg

186159.jpg

186160.jpg

186161.jpg

While I'm posting photos, here's the photo that Tom tried to post, but it was way to big, I've also included his description.

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Her's a oldie for ya! Picture of my Dad and Aunt on the back of our Cub Cadet's Great, Great gandpa. This is a International Harvester 15-30 Titan. The lady and the man off to the left are my Grandparents. I guess you know where there the IH RED Blood comes from.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

186162.jpg

I like the goggles.
buttrock.gif

Here's another old slide. This was taken in 1959 in downtown Hudson, WI. My mother's parents owned an office equipment business. My grandfather, Carl Rulien, sold and repaired cash registers, typewriters adding machines and so on. His business was in this building. Not long after he passed away in 1969 the Ford dealer next door bought the property and tore the building down for additional parking space for his new cars. Note the cobble stone street. I recall spending lots of time in this building as a kid in the 1960s.

186164.jpg

I stopped on my way into work this morning and took this photo of the same location. Art, do you recognize this spot?
happy.gif

186165.jpg

The 1980 Mercury Capri that I had, (and later sold to ihcubcadet forum member Wyatt C.) was purchased from this Ford dealer, which in 1980 was Dave Holt Ford/Mercury. He had moved to a new location in the Hudson area sometime in the 1990's. Dave recently sold his dealership.

Kraig-
Yep, I recognize that location in BOTH of the pics, although I've never seen the "Rulien" building. Must have been gone by the time we moved to town.

BTW... Those aren't "cobblestones" in the street, they're "red bricks". I should know because as a kid I worked for a couple of guys who "reclaimed" them when the city ripped up some of the streets downtown as it was converted to asphalt.

The city would literally get underneath them with a large payloader (Maybe that's the <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> tie-in to this discussion?) and dump them in a dump-truck. The dump truck would then run them up near the HS and dump them in a pit as "fill". My "job" as a 12-year-old was to run down into the pit, grab 4 bricks and run them back up the hill to a waiting flat-bed trailer.

It was hard work, but free bricks are free bricks. I know two people in town who now use those bricks as large brick patios in thier backyard.
wink.gif

Art, yes, red brick, I've always heard them referred to as "cobble stone streets" but you are correct, they were red brick. I seem to recall you talking about that job once in the past, probably on one of our road trips to rescue a Cub Cadet or to/from a Plow Day.
happy.gif
I don't recall them in Hudson but vividly remember them on the streets in Stillwater, MN. When I was a kid, we did most of the grocery and cloths shopping in downtown Stillwater, did a lot of walking around store to store in Stillwater, my favorite store was the Ben Franklin store aka "The Dime Store". They paved right over the top of the bricks in Stillwater with asphalt then finally ripped all that up and put down a new layer of asphalt.

Latest posts

Back