• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Off Road Diesel

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjamison

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Binder 1650
Around my neck of the woods, off road diesel has the same sulfur content as on road diesel, only difference is the color and price.

Would you folks recommend any kind of lubricious additive? Using it in an old MF 50 with Perkins diesel.

Bill J.
I use this in the winter, Neither has failed me yet!
266206.jpg

And this the other 2 months!
266207.jpg

Charlie - "The other 2 months!" Now that's funny. Sadly, it's not too far from the truth.

(Dang global warming)
err.gif

BILL - Dad hauled fuel/gas and fertilizer for one of the bigger ag co-op's in the midwest from 1972 till the mid/late-1980's, can't remember exactly when he retired.

Only difference between an 8000 gallon load of off-road #2 diesel fuel and ON-road diesel fuel was the two quarts of red dye the off-road fuel got. It was a thick deep dark red jelly-like stuff. It was the driver's responsibility to add the dye.

When my diesel pickup was my daily driver I'd use Power Service in the white bottle in my truck in winter. I also carried a gallon jug or two with me when I drove over-the-road in winter, typical fuel fill up then was 100+ gal per day. Never had ANY problems with gelling up in either truck.

The 911 stuff in the red jug is for when you do gell up.

The last four years Dad farmed, he tried all different brands of diesel fuel suppliments. Nothing made much difference, but back then, we still had good fuel with sulfur in it. Biggest problem with the 4010-D was the fact it was a Deere. After three years he finally had somebody who knew what they were doing rebuild the inj pump and then it ran almost as good as an IH. Then it did the normal JD thing and blew the head gasket while I was fall plowing late that fall, then got majored AGAIN... Second major Over-Haul on an EIGHT year old engine. And people wonder why I don't like JD's.

Denny,
You can use it when YOU gel up, I'll continue to use it when the temps get below 0 up my way, LOL

The place that I get my diesel from does a 50/50 blend of #1 & #2 after Nov.1 as well.

I ran out this morning to see my my new 250A would growl or start at 35 Below with no heat, no glow plugs, and the sucker fired right off with only one short shot of the starting fluid button, I was impressed.
So now it goes inside the shop with heat for the rest of the winter.

I use the stuff in the white bottle in my 782D. Threw in a splash more for good luck today We are going into -9 tonight. No where near as bad as Charlie and YES please shut the door its cold out there.

CHARLIE - Ha-Ha... you caught me, I was also going to say that if it got as cold W-A-Y down here as it does up your way, I'd use the 911 all winter... all ten months, too. They're predicting 18 below for Monday AM.... will be the coldest day we've had for a couple years if it gets that cold.

I'd also think about running straight #1 fuel too. We have "Blended Winter fuel" around here from Oct/Nov till March or April. Most places it's 50-50, costs a little more, gets worse fuel milage, not as many BTU/Gal in #1, but doesn't gell til something like 40-45 below.

Those little Nuess diesel's are not known as the best starting engines ever put in an IH tractor, but starting at 35 below with no heat and just a sniff of ether is AWESOME. It's a Keeper!

Real nice here ! -17 and some snow coming down now.High tides and surf . I bet the power will go out.

I've been using the same stuff in my diesel trucks and the CubKub for years now. I've been happy with the results!

Melody-- Any deep snow by you yet?

Going to get cooler after this weekend for a couple of days from the looks of it.
266234.jpg

Just stay the hell away from the BioDiesel!!!
BTW,
Tom Skilling (the local weather guy) is saying -75 degrees wind chill factor headed up your way. Screw it "Throw another log on the fire" and hang thight.

Now that is cold! I will understand if you guys don't believe the global warming stories.

Lonny, is that forecast Celcius or Fahrenheit? From 22 to -1 36 degree change in two days. Wow!

Marlin, lovely song!

From a 31Celcius in Jo'burg, South Africa }

Thats about 86* F our temp. !
feint.gif

Dawid, nice to hear from you again...don't be a stranger. Grab a box of that warmth and ship it to the guys in the mid-west...they're gonna need it.

Latest posts

Back