• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

newbie asking some 482 questions

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

childebrandt

displayname
Curt Hildebrandt
Hi ya'll... We just recently bought a used 482 with a 38" deck. I go to pick it up and bring it home Saturday morning.. I have afew questions, which might sound alittle dumb... Friday night, I am planning on ordering a shopm and owners manual. It does need alittle work... The gas cap/gas guage,needs replaced. The clear plastis piece is gone allowing some water to get into the tank..the last owner didn't really care about that... When he tried to start it, it cranked then quit.. Nothing.. He started it with the old screwdriver across the solenoid trick... I already am going to replace the brake/and shift switches. The dumb questions is, How doe the Deck recieve it's power?? I hope that Saturday, I'll get it running and tool around the neihboorhood. Is there anything else I should look at or tweek before I get too carried away??? Thanks ...Curt Hildebrandt

Carl: Welcome!
groupwave.gif

You found a good forum AND the proper thread to post about your 482.
thumbsup_old.gif

No dumb questions, here, and when you get your manuals you'll know how the deck is powered. As far as anything else (look at and tweek) someone else will have to step in. You'll probably start with basic maintenence -- check/change fluids, grease, etc.
I didn't remember hearing about a 482, then when I saw your post I went to Hank Will's "Bible" and found it mentioned on 5 different pages. That left me with the impression that they could be either yellow/white or red.
dunno.gif

Don't be a stranger.
smile.gif

Mine is a little rough, but all red. I'm not quite sure, but I believe, that yellow and white ones are not IH made. Not sure if this is right. This one has a bit of rust, faded paint and paint flaking off. We do intend to rebuild and restore it. I will be adding head and tail lights. There is one thing I really want. I want a set of chrome hubcaps. Like I said, my dad bought a 102 brand new and now we are continuing the tradition with another cub.

Did you see the movie "Money Pit"? Get ready to open your wallet!
angel.gif

under edit: You might have something here. Very little info on the 482 (go to the SEARCH function and keyword 482) then try onother of my info sites: ebay
blush.gif

Latest posts

Back