• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

New CC walk behind mowers

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blanasa

displayname
Brian Lanasa
I've been looking at the new Cub Cadet walk behind mowers. I'm leaning towards the Honda engine models (cc-109 cc-989). I've also been looking at cc-500 with a "Cub Cadet" engine. After looking at other MTD products, I'm suspecting that this engine is Chinese made. Anyone have any recomendations or info?
Thanks, Brian L

On the new Cub Cadet mower engines:
I e-mailed MTD and asked about the "Cub Cadet" engines that they are using

'Who is the manufacturer of the 173cc Cub Cadet engine on the CC-500 mower'

They answered
'The engine is a product of a joint venture between Cub Cadet and a major engine manufacturer. It is built to Cub Cadet specifications and is accordingly labeled as a Cub Cadet engine'

I then asked
'Is this "major engine manufacturer" Chinese?'

They answered
'Yes, the engine supplier’s manufacturing facility is located in Chongqing, China.'

I wouldn't be interested in the Chinese engine but has anyone used the CC-989 model (with Honda engine). I've read good reviews but I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these machines.
Thanks, Brian L

Brian,
From what I've heard,guys like'um.
This seems to concure,
http://tinyurl.com/33y44d

I'll stick with my Kawasaki though.
63097.jpg

Hey Digger,
The one that I'm looking at looks like yours with the caster wheels on the front but MTD switched from Kaw to Honda.
Thanks, Brian L

I have the same mower and love it. The only problem was with the original engine it died. I installed a b/s 6.75 and no problems

Back