• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

My sixth..a 1984 682

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a 1980 Camaro that had the 231 v6 in it. Pulled that motor out, installed a 400 small block and TH350 trans. Boy that car could really run after the 400 was in her.

I no longer have that one, but bought a brand new SS/2SS in 2011. She's never seen rain or snow, it has 8000 miles on it. Its a fun car to drive.

Rick

I had a busy couple of days. It is now a nice running and driving machine.

6824.jpg

6825.jpg

6826.jpg

6827.jpg

6828.jpg

6829.jpg

68210.jpg

One thing to note: When I added the 7 qts. of Hy-Tran to the transaxle, the process went very smoothly because I filled it with the relief valves removed. This allowed the unit to vent, and the fluid went it quickly and without that annoying burping, which is usually messy and wasteful. I have a small plastic funnel that fits in the filler tube snugly, so that helped too. Something to remember when you are servicing these. I have done 4 tractors previously, and this would have saved frustration and time.

One thing to note: When I added the 7 qts. of Hy-Tran to the transaxle, the process went very smoothly because I filled it with the relief valves removed. This allowed the unit to vent, and the fluid went it quickly and without that annoying burping, which is usually messy and wasteful. I have a small plastic funnel that fits in the filler tube snugly, so that helped too. Something to remember when you are servicing these. I have done 4 tractors previously, and this would have saved frustration and time.
So simple but forethought sometimes elusive...good advice 👍😎👍

Located a very good correct original low back seat.

I love these 682's, looks like a really great find! Looking back at your wheel painting -- I have given up on taping and covering the tire, because I always miss a taping a spot or two. Simply coat tire surface around rim with solvent. Then have a rag soaked with solvent ready, and paint the rim w/o getting much overspray on tire -- then quickly wipe off excess paint. Then take a fine brush and paint around the edge of the rim. Saves me time and the rim edge gets more paint.

Latest posts

Back