• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

My parts haul !

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtanner

displayname
Donald Tanner
Did I ever get lucky on this,its not normal for me to get a good deal like this.There are a few things to change because of PO mods. But This did give me a good project for spring For my Diesel and the Cat O lift. I`am thinking mount the tiller to that and add an engine to run it on the bracket to hold on the tiller. lol that will take some thought. Heres what I can`t believe I got for $300.00
216792.jpg

216793.jpg

216794.jpg

216795.jpg

216796.jpg

216797.jpg

216798.jpg

216799.jpg

216800.jpg

216801.jpg

216802.jpg

216803.jpg

216804.jpg

Thats it for the parts. I will have a nice fleet here when I go through all this and add those attachments to my tractors.Thanks for this hobby and this site to give me something to do lol.

Don T, Did the guy still have the 147 or did he strip it.

DONALD - That QA-42 looks almost brand new! If your diesel has the Cat o 3-pt you should have the rear PTO also correct? I'd run a snow blower off that instead of an added engine.

Guy I bought my QA-36 from 25+ yrs ago made a scale model of a rear 3-pt PTO driven snow blower for his 982. It was really neat, and heavy.

Melody Schutz

I did get to see his 147, He has installed a loader on it.Dead battery in the camera prevented me from having pictures, but he said he would take any pictures I want and send them to me . So I will post it when he sends them.

Dennis Frisk

No my Cat O I got from Aaron at http://www.xtrememotorworks.com/
does not have rear PTO,I have a Merry Tiller here that runs a 3 hp Brigs and that gave me an idea to install the tiller on the Cat O and use a 10 hp Cheap Diesel just to run the tiller off the back of the 1512.I think It will work and i`am temped to try that idea
1a_scratchhead.gif
. Nice to see you post
old.gif

Jeeze Don.... Save some for the rest of us!
happy.gif

What's the story with cutting the blade subframe apart and lopping an "ear" off the QA-thrower mount?
1a_scratchhead.gif

I like that off-topic snow-blower. It looks like a beast!

DONALD - I'm just afraid you'd get the blower too far behind the tractor trying to squeeze an engine in some place to power a rear mount snow blower. The weight would be a good thing though.

I took the weekend off from posting.

Art A

Look at picture number 8 , I think will show the gear drive .Its up side down in the pic, turned over the drive belts will match. He told me some of his ideas, A smart man . He used the black blower once and that was it, and it did blow snow. I hope he calls me when he`s moving on and getting a biggger loader lol
Art
On the 42 , I think that is the only problem I have looking at the manual parts list. I think that an easy fix.I just have to decide if I want or need to mount it on one of my Cubs ? Maybe I should store the 450 and put the 42 on my 149 with the windbreaker. I just have not made up my mind and will when the cab gets here and I see what It will fit the best with out to many (my PO mods) or much time.Dang this is holding me up on my O . Life is Good

My snow removal equipment is,Suzuki Quad 500 4x4 with a 54" snow blade,Snapper walk behind,Diesel with a 450 ,149 snow blade, loader ,and I could now add to this list lol.

Dennis Frisk

Well weight back there is good as we know. Just think of a pivot on the cat O with the 10hp diesel in front next to the back plate and the tiller off the back. I should be able to have lift and good depth also.Those 10 hp China deisels are sippers and have good torque.Its just an idea,allthough I might ask the wife for a diesel for xmas lol.

It looks like he raided the QA subframe to get tabs/metal to graft the OT blower onto the cub...

Scott Tanner... 149 showing signs of life!!!
I`am happy he listed it and I was around to ask to buy what he had for sale.He knew what he was selling and ask me what I wanted the parts for. so I just told him I have a few and I agreed at the price and when I arrived he just started getting out parts,( I will never use this and you will). I can repair all of this in time .
bash.gif
old.gif

What are the Chinese diesels you guys are talking about and what's the source? How small and how big do they go? I've looked at a few on ePay, but I haven't been able to figure out what brand they are. Maybe there's not a brand. Thanks, Jerry

Donald,
That China diesel is an exact copy of the Yanmar Diesel L100E model. I have two smaller versions from Yanmar, an L48 in a mini bike (with a turbocharger!) and an L70 in an old Polaris ATV. They are fantastic engines with major power compared to comparible gas engines.

I have heard and read great reviews of the Chinese clones. The parts interchange which is a plus.

BTW, they also make several air-cooled V-twin diesels that bolt in place of the Command horizontals, or the Onan or Briggs engines. Direct injected, variable speed compact units. Wish I could locate a seller in North America, I know some are here but where??

Jim D., if you look at the site Don just listed you see an engine labeled 'All Power'.<font size="-2">Click on the picture </font> In the section of questions they list. www.allpoweramerica.com as their web site and claim to have thousands of service centers. The home web site is a little obscure as to where to buy items, but they list a 800 number. Worth a try I guess if you really want one.

Latest posts

Back