• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

My new 1572 diesel

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks God the page turned.
cwm.gif

Well, I got the drive shaft in. Slowly but surely.
I just have to get the pins in and put the nuts on the bolts and I should be good.
This is taking way too much time to get done. I would have had it done long ago, but I have a 3rd grader that needs some attention. (his grades are terrible
facepalm.gif
)
I hope to get back on it tonight.
309132.jpg

That is an awesome picture of the CV shaft I've been hearing about

Actually that looks like the disconnect clutch and standard rubber flex joints.

OK this comes from a guy who doesn't smoke, yet....
I'm not up on the disconnect drive shaft. I'm stuck on the 'old' hydros

Shultzie, did you get it done without moving the engine and trans?

Steve,
Yes, I got it out just fine. I had to remove the spiral pin near the engine and rag joints.

UPDATE:
I finished it up this weekend and I'm glad to say that it works fine with no leaks.
buttrock.gif

I do need to adjust the linkage though. When I press the clutch/brake pedal to get it to neutral it puts it in reverse. So I gotta look for a thread that explains that.
309199.jpg

309200.jpg

Bonus is that I have no spare parts left over except the ones that I replaced. LOL
Note to Bernie: The front pin is the correct size. It is 3/8" diameter. I replaced the roll pin with a spiral.
309201.jpg

All done after mowing for about 2 hours.
309202.jpg

Shultzie,

Took Friday off to do some odd jobs and got the Super 782DT's drive shaft rag joints all replaced without too much trouble.

Man there is one bolt in that front coupling that is a tight fit......metric 8x1.25 cap screw and 3/8" rag joint bolt only have a hair's breath of clearance!!!!!

Jackson wanted to get the "Big D" out. LOL
So he got to roll the yard for awhile.
err.gif
The way he's taking on to this diesel I think I really need to be getting the "9" back running.
1a_scratchhead.gif

313899.jpg

Shultzie, I think it's too late, it's his now!
happy.gif
Or is that what you mean by getting the "9" back running, so you'll have your own tractor?
dunno.gif

Next thing he'll ask for is an exhaust whistle!

Steve,
Hah!!
err.gif
He's already talking about adding the turbo. Geez, see what you guys get these kids into thinking. LOL

Kraig,
Yeah, I need to get the "9" back running again so I can have a tractor. LOL

We may grow old, but we never grow up!!! (However, I have seemed to have grown OUT some over the years
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
......plowing ballast!!! )

Schultzie. Of course you need to get the 9 running. Then your son can claim it also, unless you say "Dibbies" first. Fancy may be older but he can still claim "Kitty Dibbies" if I bring home a Cub Cadet and he likes it.

Decided to put the 60" on the diesel. Sorry no action shots of it mowing. Man I love that deck!
clappy.gif

313966.jpg

313967.jpg

I hear ya on the 60" Kent! I just mowed with my 782 for the first time in a long while. Even though it has a Mag20 and PS, a 50c is all that will fit under it. The cuts don't compare. The 60" is such a nice deck. no gouging, even cuts, totally flat.

Can't say that about the 50c. It needs gator blades, but just doesn't cut the same.

Edit:
Although... I don't need to lift the 782 to get the 50c on it. Its annoying lifting the 2072 just to the Haban on it.

Looks good!

I think I'm going to be sending my 60" Haban down the road. Just picked up a 54GT, man those are nice!

The Haban will blaze through anything, but the raves I've heard about the quality of cut from a 54GT makes me willing to change.

313995.jpg

Yes Wyatt, to me also! The 54 GT deck was the best Cub made in house, without a doubt. Far exceeds even the 48 GT in cut quality. And with these you won't break your back installing it. I've learned that Gator blades on a 54GT is like magic , turns the discharged clippings to powder compared to standard blades.

The only issue I've encountered with the 54 GT is occasionally the deck belt will come off the pulleys when mowing in areas with lots of twigs. The spring loaded belt tensioner pulley has a shallow flange and this seems to be where the twigs would dismount the belt. I ordered a similar pulley with a deeper flange and never had another issue since. 4+ years.

Latest posts

Back