• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

My best friend

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wshytle

displayname
Wayne Shytle
Guys (and gals)-

I lost my mother this morning at 6:05 est. Her name is Edna and I figured it would fit here because Dad was a cubber of sorts. She gave him a hard time when he spent so much money on "a lawnmower?"(128)....around $1000.00 in 1973. She would have been 90 in a month and 5 days on September 17. She was a good, christian woman that spent her life helping others. My brother, sister, and myself have spent the week by her side knowing this was her time. She greatly suffered from osteoporosis since her first onset in 1993 three years after she lost my dad. They were happily married for 48 years when a brain anuerysm (sp) took him suddenly. She had a hard time with his loss but was a real trooper continuing on for 20 years. She was without doubt my best friend.

She will be missed by many.....Wayne

Wayne:
So sorry for your loss.... she's probably checking on what your Dad's been up to already..

Gerry

Wayne - Sorry to hear of your loss, but happy for your Mom's gain. September 17 is my birthday, too (I'll be 56), and I know I'll be thinking about you and your Mom that day. It was a blessing for you all to be able to be with her that last week. I had the same opportunity 6 1/2 years ago when my Dad was on his way out. I was unemployed, recently retired from the Air Force, and spent every day with him in the hospital for a week before he passed (a month and 4 days before his 88th birthday). It was a special week.

Thank you Gerry, Greg, Art, and Charlie-

It's funny how things work out. My father died on New Years Eve, 1989 and never saw light in 1990. I was fortunate enough to have eaten supper with him that night. He went into a coma and four days later I was standing by his side when he expired as he did with his father who also doed of brain a injury. I learned last night that my mothers mom died on August 12 as she did. I can't remember the year but it was in the 70s.

Thanks again to all for your words are very helpful.

Wayne, Mom went in 87, Dad in 99. About 3 months after Dad died I rolled a truck, used a niebores tractor to roll it back over and pull it home. When I got there I called dads number to tell him about it. The wierdest conversation I ever had with my stepmom. It takes a while sometimes to get used to the whole thing and thats okay.

Wayne sorry to hear about your mom. I know how you feel I lost my mom 3 yrs ago and she also was my best friend, I still think of her everyday. They are very special they are always in your corner.

Thanks again guys, all of the kind words do mean a lot.

I can't remember when I was so exhausted. This week has definitely been draining for all involved here.

Latest posts

Back