• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

My 1512 diesel gets some upgrades

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don,
Here is some stuff from my order list.
You'd have to look in my build thread for how I used them. Everybody seems to go a little different route. You may end up with more or less.
This is about $140 worth of fittings.(US)

Finding the appropriate plumbing was a chore.
Siliconeintakes.com had most of what was needed for plumbing from the air cleaner-turbo-intake.

1' mandrel bent 90 x 1 1/2" qty(2)
2' straight 1 1/2"
2' mandrel bent 90 x 1 1/2"
1-1/2" silicone 30degree elbow
1-1/2" silicone straight coupler
1-1/2" to 1-1/8" silicone reducer (turbo OUT)

From Greedbay:
35mm 38mm HPS 90 Degree Silicone Elbow Reducer(turbo IN)This I could find nowhere else.

Exhaust on mine was 1-1/2" sched. 40 steel pipe.

Turbo exhaust flange 1/4" x 3.50 diameter (exhaust hole to suite)
90 degree (1)
45 degree (1)
1' (only used one little piece of it
Muffler flange (copy Kubota part)

295511.jpg

Some useful numbers:
Air cleaner OUT 44mm or 1.733"
Intake manifold IN 40mm or 1.575"
Turbo IN 34mm or 1.336"
Turbo OUT 28mm or 1.105"

Rick

thanks a bunch for the time you took to make out that list. I did get the oil line ordered off greedy pay . I have to decide how or who I will get to make the flange for the block to turbo and exhaust flange. I`am just healing out and resting from 4 days with no sleep to speak of. A late night trip (2 am ) to the local ER and meds for COPD .the meds kept me from sleeping so I need to catch up.I will be getting at the 1512 as soon as some parts arrive . I also want to install power steeering . so much to do and we still have 5' of snow everwhere and it is snowing now GGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRR.
rant.gif

Ya, take care of Don first. I'm nursing a wife back to health right now.

The exhaust adapter is probably the most critical part of the puzzle that has to be right. I used a piece of 1/2 hot rolled steel. Hopefully you will be able to buy one ready to go.
The pattern for the Flat Head Cap Screws I did on a mill, the locations are all nominal metric numbers. Flat heads need accurate layout to work right.
Most everything else was done from paper "rub off" templates using drill press and hand grinders.
**Note that the exhaust manifold gets a mounting "ear" cut off for clearance at front**
Lowest picture you'll spot a plate for blocking the EGR port that you will need to make as well.

The studs are from a 4.6 liter Ford kit.
Exhaust gasket material from Summit Racing
I used (3) new Kubota gaskets for the manifold to the block.

295522.jpg

295523.jpg

295524.jpg

Another thing(s)....while I'm thinking of it.

Go over your turbo and manifold thoroughly.
My turbo was shot (I knew that when I bought it). Because mine was shot, I took every thing apart.
I'm very glad I did. The ports were CAKED heavily with soot. I ended up sand blasting inside and out. I also worked over the casting with a die grinder, the inside needed some love in my opinion.
Lastly, the manifold was warped (about .015-.020") and needed to be trued up on a belt sander.
2nd Lastly, And optional.
I also port matched the block, gaskets, manifold, and adapters for optimal flow.

Don,

I hope that you are feeling better soon, and can get some shop time once again. It is not fun seeing the doctors, even if she is a pretty young thing it'll still hurt the pocketbook.
banned1.gif

Donald T. We're keeping you in our thoughts and prayers to get to feeling better soon.

Don, I've dealt with COPD, its not fun. The oxygen helps. When I'm ill, I can't "do;" it takes all my energy to just "be" --and even that is a struggle. Folks who have never been "ill" just don't get it.
My two cents, follow the doctor's orders and hope for the best. Good luck and "God Bless" (as Red Skelton used to say).
smile.gif

Don, how ya doing now, any better? We are all wishing you the best! If you can stand a bad humor from me, a COPD episode is like a naturally aspirated diesel but breathing well is like that turbo in the box! Seriously man, get well soon and follow the doc's orders (ok, that may be asking too much for any man huh?)

My doctor sent me for xrays wed and call me on the phone two hrs later . He said I have a black spot on one lung and he wants me to have a blood test Monday and then a cat scan or MRI on Tuesday. When I breathe I feel like I have a burn about 2" around with ever breathe . NO energy and cough allot to a point that it is hard to talk is where I`am at now . Maybe I should have not quit smoking lol.

But I will need to order the plate that the turbo sits on soon from someone. I have ordered all the oil lines as a kit off f;aebay .
More later as I learn more . Might be few Cub going up for sale one never knows .Thanks Guys for all your well wishes !

Don, YIKES! I'm praying for you and for a good result from the tests.

Well after the am I will only have one more day of kemo left to do . then Aug 27 for a full CAT scan before radiation for the two tumors in my brain .The doctors said because it has spread from outside my right lung to my brain; they give me three month time to tell if the tumor comes back in my chest .6 months would be better for some time of life. I know I sure will have a lot of Cubs and parts to sell off in a hurry . I think I have 10 sets of IH wheel weights, power steering , power angle for a snow blade , and creeper . a few spare running 12 hp K also . I think My best bet is to have it over there so shipping will be more reasonable for the buyer..

If There is a trip or something in life that you have been putting off : Do it Now ; because this boy sure thought he had lots a winters to spend with my Cubs . time is like money , spend it wisely !

Donald T. Angel and I are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. Keep thinking positive.

Don.... prayers, as you sent towards me a few years ago, are winging their way upwards.

Don: I hope you can enjoy the time you have left. At least you have the time to say good-bye, and even take a short trip if you're up to it.

Regarding your Cubs: To paraphrase The Preacher, For every thing there is a season, A time for gathering up Cubs, and a time to let the Cubs go.
Perhaps you could appoint a custodian for your herd to see that they find new homes.

I've seen as many summers as you, so I take your message to heart. It seems the lives we lead take us away from the things and persons we love far too much. I hope you can spend some time with those you love and who love you in return.

God bless you and keep you.

298341.jpg

I may have hired a guy that can paint and turn a wrench . Another friend will look at putting power steering and the turbo on my 1512. My wife wants to keep the diesel for her own use. She does not want the snow cab or snow plows or snow blowers ,throwers .The 1512 has front and rear ports and the hyd dump cart. So I have to see how power steering works with the cylinder from the frame to the left front wheel.I think I will have to come up with a good working idea so he can get started another week.

Well the day for the changes to my 1512 has come .. the turbo and Power steering both are getting added to the tractor for my wife to use with the hyd dump front and back ports She likes to run the 1512 and I have it in the shop now and the turbo is getting in stalled. I might as well install the rear fenders after paint.

Any pictures of the oil line placement would clear up me guessing lol.Sure gona be nice when the tractor is finished and ready to run . Gota buy new tires for the rear and spread some fresh paint .

Latest posts

Back