• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

My 1512 diesel gets some upgrades

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reboot it without the card in it and try again.....sometimes you gotta burp the baby!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

well I got the pictures of the Cab re-sized to post. the first picture is from the back and shows the bracket attached to the Cat O and the two side brackets of the cab . I did this so the cab could be tilted back on the floor for easy removal and to take the weight of the Cab off the fenders.

293213.jpg

There is still a few things to finish like the wiring of the two front led lights and the one led reverse light and the wiper. I also have to find a supplier of the vinyl zipper and get one to replace the broken one.I`am also thinking of framing off the door and a hinge off the back support bracket for the roof and have no zipper to close the door.

293214.jpg

Guys where would I look to see what belt will fit my 1512 with the 5/8"wide Pto pulley that will be the correct length for my single stage IH snow thrower. Did some one post 33" some time back was the correct length ?

the zipper will be replace in the am I hope . time to mount the snow blower and add the extra battery .

Well today started out great. my local shoe repair shop had the part for the zipper to repair it and will resow where some of the stitching is gone. I pick it up at 2:15 today. now to get the belt length sorted so I can by a belt and get the snow thrower working. I did a full service on my 15 hp diesel with new filter and oil . I never used a drop in 46 hrs so I think it will be great for the turbo to be installed next .

IH-78056-C1 belt # need the length and maybe shorter if you put speed up pulley on

Well since I have been told I can`t be on my road moving snow without a flashing light ; I did some looking today and found this magnet mount Led flashing light on sale at a local parts place. I can also us it on my diesel truck as a warning light when hauling my dump trailer .

293370.jpg

They had this on sale for $114.0 taxes in . I could not find much any cheaper . I think it will flash 4 different patterns and is real bright when lit up and working. The other great part is the power usage is real low.It has 8 led`s on all sides .

I had a good day today . I got the cab all wired and all the lights installed and working . The wiper motor is not working and just gets hot . so I will have to take it apart to see if I can repair it . I used a two part male and female connector to plug the lights in to draw off the battery . the same plug is used for my battery charge maintainer so I just have to unplug the power to my cab lights and plug in the battery maintainer. I have all led lights ,but I don`t know how much to expect from the charging system on my 1512. time will tell and the next few days I plan to install the IH single stage with the speed up pulley to be ready for the first snow. i will have to make a short video of the lights and snow blower if we ever get any snow to move .

I think they are rated at 15 amps....20 tops

Thanks Steve B

15 amps should be lots .There is only the small fuel pump and my led lights and the tail lights . I will have to keep an eye on the battery or add another to help out.

To run the 42" on my 1512 is there something else I have to do to the lift arms . did I read somewhere that the thrower will hit the front grill when lifted. Do I have to add 2" to the top lift arms to have proper clearance ????

Is that all I need do to make this work ??

Thanks In advance !

well it is time to soon work at the 1512 . I`am told my turbo has made it through customs and should soon arrive . Not to get the little things ready so the turbo can be installed.

That's kinda backwards Don,
I imported my turbo from Canada (where the cars were exported to).
You imported your turbo from USA (where the cars were not exported to).

Anyway, I'm all ears for your project...it can get interesting at times! I made a lot of trips to the parts store and hardware stores chasing tidbits.

Rick Beem

I was hoping someone who has done this mod would help out with a few suggestions as to what I need to buy. Like the fitting for the oil line on the turbo and the bottom where it enters the block. did you install a one way valve so the turbo would always have oil even when starting ?? I have read but was unable to find the info on all the turbo posts on the form this info. I plan on ordering the plate to attach the turbo to the block from the US if the price is reasonable . I plan on doing this mod like my drive shaft mod and add pictures and info as to what parts are needed as I move along . My plan is to make this mod easy for anyone that has a diesel to do if they want to . Now that I have the turbo here I do have a few questions.

I detailed a bunch of my install in my next article for Cub Cadet Connection magazine, due out soon.

Don, you can use a banjo bolt as seen on evilpay, try a metric capscrew but I believe you need a 10mm one. They aren't expensive. The drain fitting may have been on the one I sent, if not these are simple to make or buy (same place) The oil pressure line can also be purchased there, I went with a stainless tell braided line these may. not come with fittings. You will tap into the oil gallery where the sending unit is, run a tap for 1.8" NPT and clean well. Then install a close nipple and 1/8" tee. Screw the sender back in the straight out side and the adapter for oil hose on top of tee. These are often a tapered fitting to match the hose, usually size 6AN on one side and 1/8" pipe on the other. As usual this stuff is all available on the Evil site under turbo or I use IHI as a brand, just type IHI in and search away. See the other posts fro planning your oil return/drain back to sump. The recommended size for the return is approx. 3x the diameter of the oil feed line ID. This will account for oil expansion from the heat as well as insure no restriction of flow, very important. well, that's the start, ask away for more as needed.

Supply on mine is 1/4" brake line, return is 1/2" fuel/oil hose.....no check valve, you don't want back presure on the turbo bearing.

Thanks Jimmy D and Steve B
I will be asking lots of question thank you
last night at 3 am I ended up in the hospital. I had quit smoking 10 weeks ago and I have been having trouble breathing and sleeping . last night I could not catch my breathe and drove myself to emergency at the local hospital.They put me on a respirator for 1 hr with some chemical to open my lungs and wow it worked great . I was sent home after two hrs and then had 6 hrs sleep . this is the first 6 hrs of sleep I had in 8 weeks. usually I get about 2 hrs at a time . the er doctor said I will need to take a steriod to get my lungs cleaned out and I will see a huge increase in ambition . It will be real nice to get some Cub work done for sure.I will be starting my turbo install and posting pictures and well asking lots of questions soon.

Back