• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Mower deck blades not level

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtlow

displayname
JLow
I recently purchased a 122 with 48" deck. I replaced the blades and noticed the middle blades seems to be tipped by 1/2". The spindle looks straight and nothing looks bent. Any suggestions on why the center blade might be off? I read the manual and doesn't stay anything about adjustments.

JLow:

Your situation probably calls for a Big Hammer. You will need to remove the deck. Be sure there is no play in the center spindle. If the spindle is tight, the next thing to check is the condition of the deck itself. Decks can warp. They can be straightened out using a block of wood and a big, really big, hammer. If the deck has been weakend by rust, you may have to perform some welding repair. If that isnt' practical, then the deck must be replaced.

Just my two cents worth.

Good luck.
smile.gif

I figured that might be the end result. I didn't want to bang away and break the spindle if there was another alternative. The spindles are all solid with no play so the hammer might need to be come out.

JLow, The 122 is a garden tractor, you could put this up on the main page.
By tipped you mean it is lower at one end than the other? Even on a new set of blades make sure it's not the blade itself. If that checks out okay it may be the deck skin. They get warped sometimes. The fix is to find out where it's bent or warped at and block it up against something big and heavy, then put a jack on the low spot and straighten it out. When I did my 42 ci deck I had to switch to the front end cause the rear of a 3/4 ton 4x4 dodge wasn't heavey enough. The front end did it tho. Just make sure you know whats bent, go slow, check your progress often, you'll be fine. This adjustment isn't in the manual, but if it is the deck skin bent, it's how you fix it.

Jeremiah, You remembered to have him check the bearings.
happy.gif

Latest posts

Back