• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Motorcycles....

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took about a 15 mile ride today to shake down the valve adjustment.. Little cool (40 degrees), batwing works great, but my knees are reeeeeealy cold, and so are my toes (shoulda wore boots...)

KENDELL - I know exactly what Your talking about, cold legs & toes after a bike ride! A little "Anti-freeze" helps when You get home!
beerchug.gif

whats with all these jap bikes,come on guys.if are cub guys you should be riding harleys like do i have 7 cubs and 2 harleys

Ya know, we don't even get that idiotic question at Bike Week.....dump the attitude, dude - this forum isn't the place for it..
thumbdown.gif

Yes, there's more off-shore content in Harley's than there is domestic anymore. I think Buell has a higher domestic content. But not as high as Victory.

I used to do business with several companies that made parts for H-D, a couple saved themselves from going completely out of business by doing small volume service parts or racing parts.

Buell's dead - Harley announced that - after they bought it out and had a successful racing season this year (and after putting a non-HD, non-US built engine in a Buell for the first time..).

I could have bought a Harley if I saw one I liked, but then I'd have had at least two to three times as much wrapped up in it and not been any happier than I am with what I RIDE now and it's the RIDE that's what matters. As far as I'm concerned, anyone hung up on the brand is a "motorcycle owner", not a rider, more interested in image than riding..and if I want, I've still got the hard tailed, suicide clutched, straight piped V-twin powered all made in the USA bikes with as much heritage as any Harley
clappy.gif
182031.jpg

182032.jpg

As I recall... Harley started to go with imported parts with the 1974 model. Hitachi starter and front end. Also 1974 was the last year for right handed shift on their Sportsters. I think I also remember, much to my dismay, that "Eagel Iron" was made in Tiawan (sp). And that has just snow balled since. It also seems that brotherhood died with it then too. I have met more ass holes who rode a Harley than I care to remember. blah blah blah...

I ride in a mixed group - little of everything , including HDs. To tell you the truth, I thought the "HD is king" thing was dead - I get the "low wave" from as many HD riders as any other bike brand these days (except maybe BMWs - but I think they're in their own little universe of perfection when they're on the road..).

I looked at a Cross Bones softail last winter, sat on it, dealer let me ride it, but the 17K plus was just way too much for a bare bike..My next door neighbor rides a Heritage Classic Softail - it's nice, but I wouldn't trade..

The last group ride I did went like this.
There was a VietNam memorial built to honor the service of seven local men who gave their lives. I had asked my neighbor about a week earlier if he wanted to ride on out to the gathering point with me. He said sure. Well on the day and at the time to leave he was nowhere to be found. So I headed out. I had only ridden about 5 miles when I saw a group on about 6 bikes parked at a local greasy spoon. I pulled up. We talked for a bit and then headed out together.

When we got to the meeting place there were easily 300 or more bikes. They were handing out little American flags for us to display on our bikes. I really did not want one, but took it as everyone else was getting theirs and putting them on their bikes. ( got to shorten this) Anyway at one point there was the pledge of allegiance. I DON"T pledge allegiance. Haven't since the 7th grade when I realized that "freedom and justice for all" meant someone other than me.
Anyway... I did not think anything about it. After the show got going I had to get rid of some of the coffee I'd been drinking. As I was making my deposit I notice a quieted movement outside.

When I stepped out there were 5 Outlaws. Two broke to the sides of the other three and dis appeared. So there I am looking at the business side of three rather large club members looking me over. All I could think was man I don't want any trouble. I came to realize much latter that they had my back while I took a whiz. Apparently there were some who noticed I did not put my hand on my heart and go along with the program and they had a problem with that.

Long story short. I don't ride for trouble. But since it seems to find me anyway, and with my arthritis which more often than not leaves me thumb less, I have not repaired the stator on my 1985 FXSB. I don't need or want trouble. And I don't like knowing that I have a debt to the club that spared me who knows what.

1974 was still the AMF-Harley-Davidson days. H-D almost didn't survive that!

KENDELL - Here I am about 70 & 80 miles from H-D & Buell and I hadn't heard that about Buell. Guess I should read the paper they guy throws in the driveway every morning!
coffee.gif

I must admit the Buell was targeted at a VERY small market group. Kinda like BMW.

Dennis:
Watch the video on this page ....think Erik(c) will be with HD long??

HAHA Sounds like maybe about TWO more weeks! Really sad to see a man who was living His dream watch that dream die.

Richard P

I do not belive you are indebted to those who "had your back" while you where reliveing yourself, just know that the next time you see one, show him the same respect shown you.

I truly belive they where there in respect of your belife not so go along with the pledge of allegiance.

Kendell Ide
Nice bike in your last post,I like the shifter and the flame seat. But then I have all ways rode something, Loved my 1973 Norton. ride as long as you can.

I have to ask what is the furnace fan buy the door? is it so you can run equipment and not pass out from the fumes? I have been looking at the issue here.
Later Don T
thumbsup_old.gif

Don:
Thanks! The Cushmans ride a little rougher, but boy do they draw the older guys who "had one just like that" when they were a kid. (I'm still a kid....). The black one is actually gone now, I sold it when I got the "Jap bike".. The green one still needs paint, I assembled it and rode it through the late summer to shake it down. We've also got two other older Cushman step throughs and two three wheeler Trucksters - I'm looking for another 18 HP Vanguard engine for the latest Truckster - you can repower them just like the kits they sell for Cubs..

I had a pair of furnace fans by the door when I was painting the Cushman, just cracked the door open far enough for the fans to blow under..

Chris:
Looks nice - Screamin' Eagle pipes??

Charlie:
Next door neighbor has a Heritage Softail Classic (IIRC-Harley has more more model names than Hugh Heffner)... anyway, he's got the aforementioned pipes on his - I can hear him coming towards home at night from 3 miles away...ain't no chickens roostin' on them pipes..(btw - anyone who hates loud pipes would hate the Cushmans we ride...nothin' but straight pipes
devil2.gif
)

Back