• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Motorcycles....

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking for some ideas what may be wrong with my horn on '89 Harley FLHTC, ~111,000+ miles. The horn rarely blows as it should when button is pressed; usually just a faint, short beep and the volt meter deflects down to 5-6 volts. I thought it was the horn so ordered a new one but it does the same thing. Took the horn switch apart, inspected, cleaned re-assembled and no change. If you jumper the horn straight to the battery, it works fine. Thought I would try a different switch from a different circuit; same short beep. Tried a different ground and jumpered to a known good ground; no change. Running out of ideas; any thoughts?

Wayne, look at the feed for that circiut right out of the fuse. I chased a short for the tail lights on a car that did the same thing. <font size="-2">you did ask for any thoughts</font>

Not sure which way it's wired, but most horn circuits run hot to the horn and then ground through the horn button... I'd still look for a bad ground first - on the cold side of the horn button.....

Huh??? looks the same as Kraig's link to me.... (BTW, Kraig, looks like a trike to me...)

Ken, you been eat'in those funny mushrooms again with ur fried fish?
1a_scratchhead.gif

KENtucky,
1a_scratchhead.gif
dizzy.gif

Gerry, if you want to get technical it actually has 5 tires...
happy.gif

GERRY - You noticed the little "Hair Dryer" too.

KEN & all - Forget the name of the show but it was on History, Discovery, HD-TV channel a couple months ago - something about Monster Machines....Somebody made a 2-wheel Motorcycle using earth mover tires and I think I remember it had a Detroit V-8 diesel from a city bus for power. Think of the Dodge V-10 powered show bike made for the show car circuit 4-5 yrs ago, but about ten times Bigger. The video of this thing showed it crushing cars!

AND GREG - REALLY nice bike!

Friend of mine has been working on a 1300 VTX Honda...
192587.jpg

You'd like him, Dennis - he builds big block Fords (he's got a dyno cell to test 'em..)

Greg:
Can't remember what he said - I haven't seen this since last summer. He was still getting the carb sorted out when I talked to him (and trying NOT to burn his leg again..)

KEN - ONLY a V-6 Detroit....Sorry. But ain't it AWESOME?!?!

GERRY - I was bein' silly. Jon Kaase is to BBF's as what Roush, Ernie Elliott, Robert Yates are to SBF's, and Lingenfelter & Bill Jenkins are to SBC's.
Kaase's won the "Engine Master's Challenge" four years in a row.

Back