• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Motorcycles....

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dennis:
Left marks in my scalp.......
clappy.gif
..Jack who??????
clappy.gif

GERRY - Maybe it's time to trim your fingernails?
lol.gif

SON found a board like this one where LOTS of the professional engine builders chat. I have it written down on a note pad out in the shop. I haven't visited it yet but SON says it's facinating to read. I have to replace the high PSI P/S hose in my pickup today, metal tube finally rusted out, I bought the replacement about 5 yrs ago! I'll bring the note in and post it here. I sure forgot how hard a manual steering car/truck steered when sitting still!

I was reading the latest Hot Rod this morning (.....) I don't know how Joe Average would figure out how to assemble the correct parts for anything other than a stock engine. For example, a high deck, high cam sbc with rocker shafts, a blower that drives from the back (jackshaft UNDER the blower), rocker ratios from 1.2 to 1.9, roller cam and nitrous... how ya gonna time that one Bunky??? Where do ya set the cam , advanced, retarded or....oh wait a minute, it's got variable valve timing. This is an amalgamation of various stuff, but you get the picture - there's a lot of head scratching going on someplace. And the prices...
blush.gif

I've gotta go order the rev kit for my Vanguard V-twin Cushman... I hear it's a set of washers for $75.00 - sounds like a deal compared to some of the prices I see in the car magazine articles..
clappy.gif

GERRY - Pretty sure we've discussed this before, I suscribed to HRM from the late 60's till the mid-1980's and it "WAS" really a great resource. But as Big Block anything's disappeared from the dealers lots it became more about "BUYING" parts and most "How To" articles disappeared and became how to install purchased parts. I think it was in about 1982 a 454-powered GMC pickup was the FASTEST Car available, beat out the Trans-Am & 'Vette.

What's going to happen to the Hotrod industry when the last small block Chevy or Windsor Ford gets sent to china to be melted down into cheap imported stuff?

Your comment about today's "Stock" engines is very true. My little Volvo has variable cam timing on both intake & exh. And from what I hear the new 'Vette engine is better than most Pro-Stock drag AND Nascar engines built in the 1970's.

Is that $75 Rev Kit only two or four washers? How fast does it let the Vangard run up to? Hopefully there's a full instruction manual in four languages to help you install it.
lol.gif

I bought a brand new Honda Scrambler 70 bike summer of '70 with all my $$$$ from doing work for neighbors all summer. It developed clutch problems when it was about 6 months old after a morning full of trying to learn to ride a "Wheelie". All I had was neurtral & 1st gear. No tach on the bike but RPM bands on the speedo showing 10 mph was as fast as one should go in 1st gear, or 8000 rpm. I had to pay a visit to my now Brother-in-law's place a mile down the road later that day. In order to get home in time for supper I had to exceed the recommended RPM range a bit. 15 mph in 1st should have been 12,000 RPM for a full four minutes and it survived. My Brother-in-law still has his Trail 70 which he gets running once or twice a summer. It even survived both His Son's attempts to break it years ago.

Jesh, how time flys when your having fun GERRY - The engine builder's website I mentioned is:
"speedtalk.com"

I have a friend who wants me to try to get his rokon running that he found in a barn. Does anyone have any knowledge of these.
I am going to start googling it soon.

221356.jpg

There was a episode on PAWN STARS that one just like that. It doesn't go very fast but the 2X2 works great (from what I saw)

Jeff that is a neat bike. I have ridden one but never worked on one I think my son has pushed me and my cub cadets out of the garage this winter. Here is what he brought home this week.
221381.jpg

Jeff-

Go to YouTube and enter Rokon Trailbreaker. There are several entries about this machine. I never knew there was a bike with a driveshaft to the front wheel...interesting.

One of the baggers has a hitch...... does that count??

Pulled a trailer to Mertle Beach last summer. Stopped by Blunier's on the way home.

Don T. Marty; My friends nicknamed this 02 Road King screaming eagle The grape ape. I like the way the nomads run and drive also.
227259.jpg

Luther Ray Hinds

I`am having so much fun. every morning I look out and see a beautiful day and take my 99 Nomad 1500 to town for Coffee and breakfast sandwich . i have 2000 K add to the od and climbing .I`am installing a new needle and jet because of the hyper charge and Vance & Hines Baggers .Funny how the wife change her mind on the bike when she got to go for a day ride last weekend . Just last night she suggested we go for a drive lol. Well it was 34 c on the back deck and the pool is 86 f deg.I`am adding air lines to the rear air shocks so both shocks can be filled at the same time.Wife's comment was will you be making changes to the bike like your Cubs .I SAID YEP heaver fork oil is next lol.
MY RIDE !

227309.jpg

Dang $1100.00 for new tires and pipes ! I could buy a nice equipped Cub for that !

Don i don't know about the nomads but after you rejet, and change pipes on a harley it needs to go back to the dealer for a computer adjustment. It made a world of difference in mine. Also i get a lot better mileage and more power using non ethanol fuel.

Luther Ray Hinds

My Nomad is not fuel injected and has no computer so I have to play with the jetting to get the power and fuel mileage I want. I have ordered a colour tune plug and that will tell me what mixture to use (rich-lean) at idle and wot.The bike works good now but seems to be really rich at idle and blows out black at wot.It will work great when I get it dialed in. I wish it was fuel injected then I could use the wife's lap top to set the jetting, That would be a lot easier to do.have a look at the colour tune plug and see what they will do. I can see me using it on my Cub`s to get them fine tuned also. Have a look here if you have never used one to turn the mixture in a gas engine.http://www.carbtune.co.uk/colortune.html
Later Don T

Hmmm..
I can see how this could help on setting idle mixture, but I'm puzzled how you can get a good HS reading without putting it on a chassis dyno, so you can load the engine - free rev won't be the same.(I can't see trying to read the Colortune plug while actually drivng!!!)
For what its worth, we used to warm up the engine, change to a new set of plugs (lots of fun with headers on a SBC..), and then make a pass and cut the engine as soon as you'd pulled back into the pits, or actually kill it and tow it back if you could.(and then pull the plugs and read 'em). Idle conditions can cover the HS conditions. Today, the routine is a chassis dyn, EGT and exhaust sniffer, do a WOT pull, take your 'puter readings and change the map......

BTW - I find it ironic that Don (from north of the border) spells it in the correct "Kings English" spelling (colour), while the guys in Engalnd spell it in the Colonial USA way (color)...
happy.gif

BTW Don - no problems with the back when riding??
Oh and if you want a cheaper Carb synchronizer setup than the $100.00 one they sell, do a Google on homemade carb synchronizer - there's some pretty slick ideas, pretty cheap and easy to build. (I wouldn't build the old U tube manometer type tho, it needs a 97" column if you're using oil rather than mercury..the type that connects two cylinders to the opposite end of a single tube is pretty cool and more sensitive than the mercury ones (or gauges). My old Suzuki GS1000 used to sound like a washing machine full of rocks if the carbs weren't synched, as the continuous change in idle speed from unbalanced cylinders would load and unload the cam chain tensioner making it rattle...
clappy.gif

Gerry Ide

I did a little running with a gs1000 ,cbx750 and the 6 cylinder Honda getting the carbs set was a pain on them. My nomad has a single makuni carb so no need to synchronize . I wanted a cruiser this time and with the wide tires and rear air shock it rides real nice. on good days I can run a few hrs with out to much discomfort .The worst is my arms are to straight and my elbows bother me.so I have ordered 3" up and 2.5" back risers to help with that.I really missed not having a MC and now have the time to enjoy it. the last few days here have been HOT ,so I head for the beach were there is fog to cool me down lol.Have you ever driven a 1500 Nomad ? they are a strong working bike but with to small a gas tank .When on a cruse with a HD police special last week and he always used less gas than me. I guess because he has a five speed and the nomad has a four speed trans and I have the 1500 carbed and his is fuel injected.the wife and I looked at a toy hauler fiver last week ,because we both would like to take the bike along with us on our trip.I can see a HD police special as my next MC in a few years. I did like the one I had out last week. are you driving your mc`s this year ? I can`t imagine having them and not running them.

Oh (colour) was taught that was the way to spell it when we went to a two room school many years ago.funny how somethings stick and some don`t lol. Later Don T

Latest posts

Back