• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Motorcycles....

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wayne Shytle

The Bay of Fundy between Nova Scotia and the province of New Brunswick ; Tides are the highest tides in the world so we are told .

http://bayoffundytourism.com/tides/

For those who would like to read all about the tides.

I had hopes to buy a new HD , but the prices were way out of reach on my pension . A friend told me about this Fatboy and well I looked it over and bought it today. My RRSP`S took a real drop lol. I don`t know if I will sell my Nomad or keep both bikes. Warm weather will tell me more after some seat time. I will have all the fluids changed next week and checked over to make sure it does not need anything . Had two friends go with me to pick it up and they both think I go a good deal to the point they both offered to take it off my hands lol. Come on summer I have had enuf of this snow for this year .

Looks good, Don.... I hope you enjoy it as much as I am my HD.......

Nice Harley Don. I think you will really like that bike. You may need to put forward controls on it. The controls made the grape ape more comfortable.

Don-
Nice bike! I'm interested to hear your thoughts/comparisons once you get a chance to ride that bike. I've always wondered how they stack up.
happy.gif

Art - Don can make comparisons to the Nomad, but the MoCo has made tons of changes since '02 in just about every part of their product line.. I'm sure it's a nice bike (I'd take it in a heartbeat), but it's not representative of current models......

Gerry _ Art

Yep I can give feed back on some items. Like how does it handle and ride. I know that 99 to 02 had a forged crank and 2003 to 2007 was a press fir crank and in 2007 they were still press fit, but HD added a key to each section. (I wonder why ) I know the 88 engine has a timing chain a adjuster issue . the plastic sleeve that runs on the two timing chains wear at different rates and can cause big problems. But I will just check them for wear every second oil change . This Fat boy is fuel injected and chipped , I had enuf of the cvk40 carbs that the Fay boy used , because my Nomad used the same carb . I had that carb apart 6 times to get the jetting where I wanted it. Nomads are bad if you stop and have the front wheel not straight . this means it wants to fall in on the side the front wheel is pointed. so don`t look to the side when you stop or your going down. But the Nomad was great with the air shocks for ride .smooth with two up or one; Just add 16 lbs in both shocks for one up and 22 to 26 for a load and two up. I will let you know what I think of the HD fat boy after this summer is over and I put 20000 km on it lol. Oh and Nomads are not the only MC that have that fall over stopping issue. It is the rake of the steering head that makes that happen . I know if you want to cruse two up at 85 mph then the nomad will be the bike to travel with .

Boy, I hope nobody remembers what I said about the 2014 HD "wetheads" back in October.... Took a 900 mile round trip to Key West about a week ago, went to the HD dealer the next day to find something that had a little more suspension than the Street Glide...

285779.jpg

<font size="-2">Mysterious Sunglo Red/Burnt Cayenne 2014 HD Ultra Classic Limited..</font>

Art

I said I would let you know what I thought of HD . Well I don`t know why all the metric bikes don`t handle like this Fat boy . I put about 2000 km on it the past few weeks that was warm for me to ride and I have to say I`am impressed . I should have bought one years ago. I think anyone that can sit on the seat and hold up the bike can drive it. They are great in parking lots and in town running. It will out do my Nomad in the twisties by 20km on any turn . I got 50 mpg my last tank of reg gas I`am told I should run high test gas. I`am trying to get my wife to run it and I will buy a road king for me . I think I got bit by the HD bug lol.

Don - I've only got about 200 miles on the new one (BTW - it's the FLHTK Limited), but I'm already happy that I swapped.. The Street Glide was fun, but this version of the same motor (103 "twinkie" with water cooled heads) had higher compression and the "255" cam that used to be considered a pretty good swap. 5th and 6th gear rollons are impressive and it's even more stable in turns (really noticeable riding two up). Plus it's loaded with toys.
err.gif

Don-
Thanks for the update. Glad to hear you're liking the new ride. Hope to get one here "someday". (Too many other toys right now)

Mecum Auctions is having a Motorcycle ONLY auction for vintage & collector bikes July 27th in Harrisburg, PA @ Penn. Farm Show Complex & Expo Center. Think it's going to be on MAV-TV too.

Supposed to be 200 +/- bikes. I'd like to see what a nice H-D XR-750 is worth.

Bought a new bike.
Its a 2 year old dealer owned bike with 900 miles. Now it's time to plan a trip.
287689.jpg

Terry - great looking bike! I've heard pretty good things about all the Trumpets... I sat on one of the Thunderbirds while shopping last winter. Classic bikes...

You looks all set for some great adventure riding, except maybe a tire change if you start looking beyond the blue highways, to the gravel ones..... Ride Safe!

Well I am no longer a owner of a Harley, I traded in the 2012 XL1200C/P.
287988.jpg

Drove home with a new Soul
287989.jpg

Will be a lot warmer next fall and dryer in the rain storms.

Averaging 40mpg overall, 36mpg when computing fuel versus miles driven, about the same as what the Harley was getting, just a lot quieter ride.

Not to worry though I still have a bike to ride, my 2013 Victory Boardwalk.
287990.jpg

Talk about motorcycles, I cried when my dad got rid of this one. Remember, I was only seven years old! If he still had it.... and got rid of it, I would probably cry today too.

board-post.pl

Back