• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Motorcycles....

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marty - Dang ..... I can do 3 - 4 hours on the bare steel shovel seat on my Eagle (and that's hardtail, too.... Ya know, you CAN ride coast to coast on a 200 CC dirt bike
happy.gif

Gerry,

I'm at a little disadvantage. I hurt myself when I was young, riding an innertube in the snow. I didn't see that rock under the snow, but my tail bone caught it at about 45 mph! It was about 30 minutes before I could even get up. I stayed sore for months.

Marty - I flew a minibike with a Mac 9 go cart engine on it (good for about 8o mph with scrub brake) off a little drop off when I was about 19.... I know what you went/go through...

Did a little redesigning of my new Victory Boardwalk.
Took the Memphis Shades Batwing from my old 09 Yamaha and retrofited it onto the 2013 Boardwalk, even though the manufacture of the batwing (Memphis Shades) said it would not fit and each batwing is bike specific along with Polaris/Victory saying it would not fit.
261048.jpg

261049.jpg

261050.jpg

261051.jpg

261052.jpg

All I had to do was use the Memphis Shades lock plate kit for the 2013 Victory Vagas and everything fit.

Keith O.
Well I got the carbs rebuilt and ready to hit the road and my body decided it needed antibiotics, Sooooo!
After 7 days of that crap, I now have to wait 10 days to 2 weeks before I can be out in the sun for more than 5 minutes at a time.
I forgot about that and mowed for 2 hours and that lit me up like crazy, LOL
I figure by the time I'm ready to ride, the snow should be flying again, so I'll just put the bike away and get the snow mobiles ready, LOL

Under Edit,
NO ONE dare rides up here after dark unless your lookin to get venison without firing a shot!

Lonnie: Fits nice - friend of mine had a Victory and used the same Memphis Shades batwing - he had a large gap over the headlight on his - I like the way your fits.. I had one on the 1100 Star that I traded in for the HD (you know, the original batwing bikes
err.gif
).. I like the Boardwalk, don't care for some of the other Victorys, but then I like the HD Road Glide, and a lot of people think the "Shark" is butt ugly....

C'mon Charlie, put a long sleeve shirt and a helmet on, that'll keep the sun off ya. We got the high speed beef problem here, also. Also, mosquito swarms so thick, it'll leave the front of the bike furry...

Wonder WHO at Victory decides the names to call there bikes?

My Buddy now has FOUR Victory's in his shop. His original '99 Cruiser, his wife's '03 Vegas, His '05 (I think) Vegas Arlen Ness limited edition Custom, and last year he bought a 1800 full dress Tourer.

I just wish Victory/Polaris would do what Buell did with the 883 H-D and make a Thumper sport bike for half the price. I can get in PLENTY of trouble with a 750, you don't really need a 1500 or 1800! I used to have a blast cruising around on my RD-350. Could run 70-80 MPH two-up. But the MPG's stunk.

Charlie,

I know all about those antibiotics, got bit by a tick the other year.
As for the deer, do you mean you don't have any coyotes around to keep them out of the road?
err.gif

I`am not sure what CC his Honda is , but I know they are a good MC from whet I`am told.I think his woman keeps him tied fast lol. I know that my MC makes me feel great . Gerry Ide found that out also.We need the kentuck man back just to add some colour lol.

Well, the newest iteration of the Indian brand (warning, link is to a .pdf) is here... With Polaris as the corporate owner ( also building the Victory brand), I'm sure it'll float, but I'm not sure once they've run out of the nostalgia and RUB crowd what they'll do, unless they come out with something that looks a little less like a cross between a Vespa scooter and something from "Who Killed Roger Rabbit?". I was afraid they'd lean on the heavily valenced fender for the major styling cue .....meh. Too bad, beautiful engine, lots of excitement, but I'll stay with what I've got (I was interested - my Dad rode Indians for years, but never a Chief..)
thumbdown.gif

Don T:
Not sure why you'd give up on the Nomad for an Indian, unless the Nomad isn't big enough or doesn't sit right for ya.. (the main reasons I got rid of the Yamaha 1100). If I was looking right now, and looking at 2 up riding, it'd probably be a 'Wing.. After a year and 10,000 miles, I still love the Harley, but I'm not into any specific brand and neither the new Indian nor the Electra Glide Ultra Classic "wethead" do it for me, although the 2014 Street Glide is nice, but not enough for a tradeup.. If I was looking at a solo tourer, the Kwacker 1400 Concourse would be nice..

Gerry , Frank

well I did buy the wife a bike Red the same as frank posted . She wanted to start ridding again and we travel as couples with all the wives with there own bikes. So now she will have her own ride. I like my Nomad but it could use a few more HP for me .Remember my last bike was the 850 Norton police and that would leave the Harlies and Nomads well behind. It was real fast because of the porting and pistons I added after a rebore . 1/2 thow skirt clearance .So I would like to get a solo rider with a lot more HP. I hate shifting and want a lot more low end grunt. I find my nomad a putz in slow moving around in parking lots ; it just wants to fall over and if you need to stop and have the front wheel off center it will fall. btdt. I have no clue what I will end up with . Might even get an HD or a kawi 2000 lol

My Nomad take last summer in Cape Breton out side of Rita`s Tea house.

266572.jpg

DON - You have any BMW bike dealers up your way? Guy who was plant Mgr. of my biggest machine shop at my last job started with a used Suzuki street bike around 1980, then got his first new BMW, and traded for aother new one just before he retired 8-9 yrs ago. Faster & lighter than a H-D, handle like a sport bike. He & his buddies liked to cruise fast.... really fast... 80-90 miles per hour.

Denny

My nomad loves to cruse at 80 mph and that is were it works the best . But 100 kl or 62 mph is the limit on roads here and the fines for 85 mph could go to $1400 : I can`t move my left foot ; It is frozen in place since 1974 and does not move more than a few inches. So any bike (MC) that needs to be shifted by the left foot that does not have the room for me to lift my leg and foot to shift ; Means I can`t ride them.The forward controls on the Nomad made it easy and the 850 Norton was right leg shift and the reason I bought it. I have given some thought to an air or 12 volt shifer that I could just press a button for what ever gear up or down.

Well I had to find out why those HD rides are always bragging about Harley Davidson. So I bought a 2002 Fat Boy with 45000 km on it . I will keep my Nomad till I see what MC I like the best . I can`t Waite for the sun to warm it up so I can run this bike lol.

284270.jpg

284271.jpg

Hey Don!

Any tattoos come with that bike?????

Looks great! Nice ride.

I just saw a Wimpdotcom video that showed Nova Scotia has the highest tide change. It showed a channel with boats that would go from sitting on the bottom to floating back up several feet (I mean "meters").

Back