• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Motorcycles....

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang archive bug!!!
rant.gif

Try it again.
Talk about motorcycles, I cried when my dad got rid of this one. Remember, I was only seven years old! If he still had it... and got rid of it today, I would still cry.

288066.jpg

I used to own a Honda Nighthawk CB750. It wasn't going to break the sound barrier, but it was not slow and it handled like a sport bike. I named her Grace, had her painted a gorgeous dark blue/green, painted the rims black and put a pair of clubman's on her.

In April 2013, I got onto her with a backpack full of clothes, a laptop and a camera, and I rode her from Albany NY to Key West, FL, in 4 days, all by myself. I kid you not, my ass was so sore that I had to stand in all of the bars and beaches for the first 2 days after arriving. It was easily the most fun I've ever had. I averaged 100mph the whole way down, weaved cars like threading a needle. No cops gave me a hard time.

Three weeks after I got home, I dumped her on a turn, slid 100 ft on my back and came within 15ft of a gaurd rail. I still have the road rash on my right arm. I will not sit on a motorcycle again, not for fear of riding, but because I know I can't trust myself to go slow.

Changed again .. 2015 HD TRiGlide in "Black Magic"
More fun than a barrel of monkeys - and I don't have to put my feet down at a stop sign
happy.gif

294993.jpg

Gerry
I can see my day coming that I will need one of those. I think they can keep me biking for years .

Don, I may have moved to a trike ahead of when I needed to - for solo riding - but for two up, it makes a lot of sense... One dump and I'd never have gotten Nance back on with me on the Limited. It only rides different in the corners (no leaning, all muscle). We are having a blast, and looking forward to some long trips when we're back North this summer..

Gerry

I`am thinking of replicating my 99 Vulcan Nomad with 50000 km on it and the 02 HD Fat Boy at 46000 km on it for a 2006 HD Road King . My wife loves the ride of the Nomad and I like the HD .so I think we should go down to one bike and sell her bike also . The road King will give her that smooth ride after I replace the air shock. I heard they are not as good as my Nomad shock. The Nomad shock is adjustable by turning to five places as well as up to 45 psi of air. The HD shock is just air with no pre-load adjustment , so a set of progressive 416 or the like will be installed.

Don - lots of good comments about the Progressive shocks - if you can get them from someone that can advise you on the correct springs and adjustments for both solo and two up..

Love the Road King - same frame as the 'glides. Sounds like you may have one already lined up, but if not, you might look around for a 2009, as the entire Touring line got a new frame, swingarm and lots of other improvements. If not that, 2007 is the year they went to the six speed on everything except the Dynas (2007 for the Dynas)..

One of my buddies is going to quit trailering his bike back and forth (snowbird like Nance and I, same park) and is selling a 2007 cop bike he bought down here - almost a Road King, but with the solo air suspension seat and the cop bags. Man, I am tempted - still want a two wheeler for solo riding, but probably going to go for an old four cylinder UJM -probably something like a '75 550 Honda CB550F....

Gerry

I bought a 02 fat Boy last winter that had some history . So this spring I have a friend taking the fat boy apart and installing a new factory Harley Davidson frame . I wanted to keep it true HD and paid over 3000$ for a frame from the USA .We have it hanging from and engine lift and are taking it apart so we can put the fat Boy back together with a new frame and new tires . I still have my 99 Nomad and I don`t see it going away . looks like I will have two bikes to run .

295864.jpg

295865.jpg

Don - looks like a great winter project and will be a nice bike.. I take it the frame was sprung?

Gerry Ide

The lower right frame rail had a dent and the brace between the two rails was bent. So I wanted to replace it a new HD frame.Another couple days we will have it back together .

I went for a bike ride last month and thought I'd share. I wanted to ride the tail of the dragon rode. After the tail of the dragon we just decided to drive under the ocean.
Here is the roughly first half of the trip.
297224.jpg

The second half of the trip.
297225.jpg

Here is a picture of me taken by on of the guys at one of the turns on the tail of the dragon.
297226.jpg

Without the wife on the back I was able to strap the tent to the back seat.
297227.jpg

Terry we have had the Grape Ape on the tail of the dragon a few times. It is a awesome ride but dangerous. Some truckers are being directed on it by their G P S which is a huge mistake. The truck takes the entire road in a lot of the turns. It can be a fun ride if you are up to the challenge.

297394.jpg

I wasn't sure if I should post here or in "things that kill my cub time" I finally decide here would be a good place.
This winters project is to repaint my Honda GL100. I bought the bike in the summer of 2014 from one of my customers.
He had bought it as basket case from a guy in Cali. He went through it mechanically and rebuilt and replaced everything that need doing. But then he rattle canned painted it black right over the top of the old paint job. No prep, no sanding just right over big paint chips, pinstripes etc.

In the pics it looks ok but up close not so much

Of of the first thing I did was shorten the windshield. I hated looking though it
302319.jpg

302320.jpg

302321.jpg

The paint was on so thick on the false tank that I had to start with 40 grit to cut though it
302332.jpg

I then followed that with primer filler and 100 grit. More filler and 150, and more filler 220. I alternated from red filler to gray filler to see better.

302333.jpg

The bigger flatter pieces like the saddle bags and trunk I was able to sand down using my palm sander. They got the same filler treatment as the tank. Final sand was with 400 wet before shooting the sealer and top coat
302334.jpg

302335.jpg

Look what followed me home. 2010 Ultra.
buttrock.gif

I can't afford two bikes so look in the classifieds for my old bike.
err.gif

319616.jpg

You done good! Looks like lot of extra goodies (I see wheels and lights). What motor?

Gerry,
Thanks! I'm pretty sure it's a stock twin cam 96.
I'm already shopping for it and it looks like I will easily go over $1500 real soon.
facepalm.gif

I gotta tone down those "Ape Hangers" a bit.
err.gif

Back