Mobile Radios

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gcoleman

displayname
Glen M. Coleman
Hey all, time to release my inner geek. I currently have 2 CB radios in my truck and an extremely old scanner, all of which have their own NMO antenna on the roof of the truck (I mustered up the guts to drill 3 3/4" holes) and they work well. I need to update my scanner as the fire and police have updated to digital VHF/UHF radios and I can only pick up the state police's main radio as its still analog and my non trunking scanner can pick it up. Im gonna switch to a MAXXRAD or Laird phantom 800mhz antenna. The CB's are running browning BR - 140 antennas tuned to 47" whips each and work well close range, which is all I use em for, usually off in the woods where cell service is limited at best. I want to keep a CB and switch to a Laird C27S antenna with a spring on it so I dont bend it like I did my current ones (no spring) - and I also wanna trade my mini cb for a MURS radio, the "digital CB" as they have an effective range of 40 or so miles. Friend of a friend has one in his forest service truck and it works great but I dont know much about the radios and the antennas theyd need. Laird makes an NMO antenna just like the C27S in appearance but it has a different load in the base. Anyone have or use a MURS and can inform me more about the radios themselves as well as the antennas needed? I want to keep it an NMO if I can since I already have the mount. Thanks all, I appreciate it.

Latest posts

Back