• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Kubota Diesel vs. Gas

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ndorn

displayname
Nate "Big D" Dorn
I am curious about something. I din't know that Kubota made the D600 engine in a gas and diesel version. Besides the obvious of fuel type, is there a big difference? How about life? My diesel version I know will run a LONG time. How will the gas version do. Are the gas versions easy to work on. Are they as good? I am just curious because this really threw me off guard. Plus I would like to know the differences in case I ever came across one I may want to buy.

I have two 2182 Cub Cadet which is the gas version of the 1782. The 2182 has the Kubota 640 engine instead of the Kubota 600. Cub Cadet never used the Kubota 600 gas in any tractor, only the Kubota 640 gas The 2182 will burn a lot of gas. I have 54 inch decks on them and that is about all they want. I have two 1782 and the differences are not as much as you thnk The spark plugs are where the injectors are it has a carb on the left side and a governor where the injection pump is on the diesel. They run nice and starts real nice. I have my snow thrower on them during the winter and they handle the snow throwers easy. I have about 600 hours on one and 1600 hours on the other. They start good and don't use any oil so I would say they are a good engines. I could take pictures if you need.
Ron

50637.jpg

Thanks alot Ron. that helps alot. If you have pics that would be great but if not, don't worry about it. It's good to hear you like yours. I am looking at a 2182. So it would be like the one you have. I have a 782D as well that I LOVE! So I'm sure by the way you make it sound, I will like the gas model as well. Thanks again for the info.

I have a 2182 with 60" Haban on it and I also have a 2284 with a 60" Haban. The 2182 burns less gas than the 2284 and it has plenty of power for the 60" deck.

Sam! Welcome to the forum!
groupwave.gif
!!!That is a nice pair of supers that you have. How do you like that 60" Haban deck?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Sam also welcome.. we need a few pictures of your supers

Guys
Thanks for the welcome. This is my 2284. Still trying to figure out the picture posting on this site so I’ll post the other Super separately.

250686.jpg

I have seen Sam's Super's with my own eyes and without a doubt they are very nice. And he needs them too - he's got a big yard...
old.gif

Sam is that front hydraulics on the 2284
very nice

Jeff

That is the engine oil drain line on the 2284.

I have a much bigger mower for the yard but it's Orange, Green & Red. The Supers only get used for the small stuff LOL.
250721.jpg

Sam, That is a beautiful veiw you have to look at

Back