• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Johnny Bucket Sr.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbingham

displayname
Bill Bingham
Hi,
I installed a Cub Cadet auxilary hydraulic angle kit on my 3184 which is intended for operating a blade on the quick hitch but I put it on for a Johnny Bucket SR. I just placed an order for. Johnny Products states that I need to have this third valve/cylinder so the power dump operates - still not sure how it is all tied in togethor yet. Here's my problem - I am not happy at all with the third valves lever handle position - only 3/4's of the handle is sticking above the opening/slot provided for on the tractor and there is no up/down adjustment to raise the handle anymore so it is even close to being in line with the other two valve handles - any ideas, am I missing something?

Does anyone have any info, opinions, etc on the Johnny bucket products?

I am also considering buying new lug tires for the rear - the 3184 series came with 23x9.5x12 turf tires - they dont make a lug in the 9.5 width - should I go to the next wider or narrower size? Also looking at moving up to a 26" tire - would installing that large a tire prevent me from adjusting/leveling the mower deck properly?Bigger tires look better in my opinion, but will it add anything in traction. Appreciate any responses as always - thanks again.
Bill

Bill.

I have a 3235 with the 3rd hydro lever and it lined up with the other 2 with no problem.( 1 for the deck, other 2 for blade up&down/left&right)
I would guess the angle cylinder will not come into play with the bucket, you would use this line for the dump of the bucket.

On the rear tires, going wider will be a problem if your fuel tank is under the fender deck as wider tires did not fit on my 3235 as they rubbed the fuel tank.
The closest thing I came to finding for lug tires are SwampFox in 24-9-12, I dont know if there would be room for a 26-12-12 tire under the fenders.
82530.jpg

Thanks Lonny for the info - I will try and find the tire you suggested on line - Carlyle brand? I emailed cub cadet service about the handle/rod issue off of the 3rd hydro valve and so far they are less than helpful. Three word responses just dont cut it. It just seems like the 3rd hydro handle rod is not the correct length so that it aligns with the other handles and isnt sitting well below the slot. I cant even move the handle fully back or forward without it hitting the plastic slot/cup holder piece. The valve can only be installed one way and the hydraulics work so it isnt the installation. I even sent them pictures, no response yet on the photos. The dealer suggested I weld an extension on the handle to correct the issue - not happy about having to alter a new part that does not sit correctly because of a faulty design. I think they just make this aux kit to fit as many series/models as possible and in doing so it fits better on some, worse on others due to model's fender/height/curve differences?
82621.jpg

Bill...I have had a Johnny Buc Jr. on my Orange tractor w/ electric actuators,bucket teeth,& snow plow. Only negative I had, is bucket lift maxs out w/ heavy lifting
thumbdown.gif
of materials like crushed stone or topsoil...may consider converting to hydraulic lift or mounting on my CC882 w/ front hyd.Otherwise I'm very pleased with its performance.( I guess past experience with bigger equipment -- routine of heaping buckets full has to be throttled back a bit.I have 24x12x12 turf rears loaded,& w/ auto traction control & it works great!

Your handles apear to be in the correct postion from that angle, as they ard designed to be taller than the one next to it so you can destinguish one from the other by feel, with out having to look at them.
Check to see if the attaching bracket is tight and not broken or cracked as that will cause the valve not to work properly and give you more handle movement than needed to operate the valve.

http://www.tiresunlimited.com/default.htm

Look under ATV tires, that is where you will find the swamp fox tires.

Well, I got an answer from Cub about the third valve handle position - they are sending out a different handle for me to try so I guess I am not the first to question the handles length and fit.
Something else I noticed while trying to figure out how large a tire I can put on the rear and this surprised me - the 23x9.5x12 stated on the Cub Cadet tires sidewall is not accurate? I never checked this before. The 23 is more like 20" high and I checked the air to make sure it was inflated properly. My gas tank does ride under the fender so I do have to make sure I dont rub like Lonny said in his reply. So, are tires sizes actually smaller than stated/spec'ed on the sidewall? I could probably go with a 26x9x12 if this is the case with tractor/ATV tires? The other two numbers (width and wheel size) are accurate.
Bill

Bill, my 3208 has 24X10.50X12 turf tires on it that are original. These are lower profile like yours. I measured them against my 23X10.50X12 Carlisle ag tires and they are very close to the same size. I am pretty sure that these will fit with no issues. It seems like I have pretty good clearance for the fuel tank.

Glen. How you like your 3000 ser. tractor? I see them e-bay all the time. I am thinking maybe the two stage snow blower would be nice to have and give my 122, w/thrower a rest in the winter. Are they nice to mow with? Brad

Brad, I just got mine like two weeks ago. I used it to mulch leaves that I raked out from under the bushes. Seems like it will be a nice tractor. I too have watched them sell on ebay. I believe they are going cheap. I was told mine as it sets with the 60 inch deck and 54 snowblade ought to bring $3500. They bring less than 2/3rds that on the auction site. Alot of money but still a bargain.

Thanks Glen for the tire info - I wish I could put a 26 on it but that may be pushing it. I am going to look into the different lug and super lugs to see what sizes are available - maybe a 25 in a lug pattern. The stock tire sizes 23 and 24 just seems/appears too small for the 3000 series tractor.

Lonny they do look good - much higher tire than the 23's I have. You sold me - I will go with the swamp foxes. Did you ever actually measure their height to see what they really are?
Thanks Again,
Bill

Bill.
No I havent, but I can measure them tomarrow and post the measurement if you want me to .

Lonny looks nice. Would be nice to have that cab also. When I'am on my 122 I look like a snowman when I get off. How dose it work in 12" or more of snow?

Brad.

The only problem I have when going through deep snow is the blower will raise up, not clearing all the way to the ground.
It could be because I have widen my skids to help the blower ride above the stones in my gravel driveway.
However the only real deep snow I have had to go through is where the snow drifts in my path to my parts shed out back and we all know that snow drifts are harder packed than fallen snow

Lonny I bought the swamp foxes for the rear - if you wouldnt mind measuring yours that would be great - interested in what they actually measure out at.
Brad I live in the snowbelt region of upstate NY north of Syracuse where we get the lake effect snows off of Lake Ontario - 200+ inches a year I believe. I can tell you that I have never had any issues with moving the snow way off the driveway with the 3000/snowblower even in 18-24" of snow. May bog down a little at the driveway/road due to the town plow piling it up -I just slow down my forward movement and chip away until I break through. Only issue I had was the two belts slipping that go to the front PTO because they were worn - changed them and it was like night and day. I had a gravely 12hp two wheel pro walk behind before I bought the 3184 used and though the Gravely and it's blower were powerful and built like a tank with solid tines of real steel, the 3000 series blower is much larger and definitely outblows it. I also think the cub's blower leaves a cleaner/neater surface after each pass. I have four 42-lb suitcase weights on the rear and tire chains and it holds well to my chipstone/tar driveway. The only complaint I have is the snowblower's plastic chute with its plastic positioning/directional gear - cheap crap that I am sure will eventually crack from cold/stones hitting it. I am going to see if I can retrofit a metal chute from an older blower from any make someday. The hydraulic quick hitch is great and makes snowblowing simple.

Bill, keep your eyes open for an older Cub Cadet model 450 snowblower, it had a metal discharge chute that might just be a drop in replacement for the plastic discharge chute.
dunno.gif

82949.jpg

Thanks Kraig, I'll keep my eyes open for one - it does look similar in size and diameter at the turning gear and chute length needed.

Bill-
I used to think the same thing about that plastic chute too until I had a chance to blow a heavy wet snow that would normally plug up my previous Cub Cadet snowblower with a steel chute.

Now I wouldn't give up this plastic chute for anything.

I think the plastic chute is there by design as I find that it flexes enough as the snow goes through it to keep it from icing up when the snow is heavy.

I could be wrong, but it works well for me, and I've never had to touch up a rusty metal chute with this plastic one!
happy.gif

Latest posts

Back