• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

IH Cub Cadet Plow Day 9.0, April 9, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in the same boat Terry. Never been to a plow day so I figure it's time to check it out. Hoping also Travis has the used parts dept open and I find stuff I never thought I needed. (need icon of guy shelling out cash) Well Travis?????????

Ah yes, the thrills and spills! How could I miss that? Besides, if I win that new Brinly I'll have something for next PD.
drool.gif

Well, the 2004 fall plowday was the first one I'd been to, and I got hooked. I didn't plow either, but I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

I got to see some cool setups:

Mike M's modified spud plow really tore up the ground!

The one fellow with Cub decked out like the Farmall (Kraig - got a pic?)

The JD BLACK LTD and on and on...

Oh yeah, and some one was showing his toe (or lack of one as the case may be
whistling.gif
)

(Message edited by rmunday on March 16, 2005)

Terry & John,
If you have a tractor with the rear lift and adapter on it, there is always a few spare plows and some even have them for sale there. You ask if it is worth the 2.5 hour drive, I will be driving for about 5.5 hours, and some will be even longer. It would be perfect to have the same weather as the last time Travis had it. It was a beautiful 80 degree day. Hopefully most of the tree roots and fence posts are gone this time.

John, Terry:

I went to my first plow day last fall and Im fully addicted. I now own two plows and two plowing tractors. It is well worth the two and a half hour drive, heck ill be driving a little over six and I ain't got no problem doing it. If you don't go to plow it is worth it just to meet people and hang out. Just my .02

Kevin
26373.gif

Rick M., you must mean Brad D's 169 dressed up as a 1466. I took some at PDV8 but they are not as good as these which I took at Travis' place at PDV6.

26375.jpg

26376.jpg

Kevin D., nice gif! Got one where the <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> disolves and reforms as the Navistar logo?

Kraig, that's not it either.
sad.gif
It was bigger, an older gentleman built it. The rears were probably a 20" rim.

He hung around the back of the red barn facing the field.

I thought I had a photo of the tractor but I can't find it.

Kraig,

No I don't have one that dissolves into the navistar logo, but that would be really cool. I think that Ive got another project to work on.

Rick,

I am not sure who built it but I think this is the one you were talking about. It is a scale 560 that stared out as a 100.
26384.jpg

KRAIG - That isn't John Proschel's 560 is it? He used to post frequently over on the RPM forum but it's been 5-6 months since We've heard from Him.

Denny, nope that one isn't John's. I'm not sure who that one belongs to.

To add to the "Why Should I show up?" discussion..
The trip to Travis's fo me is approx. 6-8 hours but after you attend the first one your hooked...
Even if you don't plow It's nice to meet all the people from the forum and finally put a face with the names....Just meeting Dave Kamp is worth the price of admission...
clappy.gif

"I don't own a plow, why should I go to plow day?"

I'm bringing one tractor and two plows. Have a sleeve hitch adapter on your tractor? You have a plow for that day.
buttrock.gif

Besides, for all the chili suppers, pancake breakfasts, dances, fishing tournaments, and the rest of the fundraisers for Iowa Fire Deparetments THIS is the only one I get to sit on a Cub all I want and get a nosefull of Kohler exhaust.

I'll be there!
26415.gif

I'm going to plow day just to see the diesel smoke, and dirt tossed by Travis's diesel

Back