• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

IH Cub Cadet Plow Day 15 -----April 12th 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ron-
Yea, I did, but who's the ugly guy in the middle????
biggrin.gif

Travis-
Thanks for hosting these things. They're always a blast!

Yeah I know Art, gee I wish you would insulate that border over there. Wind sure comes through your part of the state and we feel the draft clear over here. Got to do some serious thawing before we can get the plows in the ground. Hey don't forget Rural Heritage Days between Colfax and Bloomer May 18th this year. I will have more info and reminders later as I know more.
Brrr Ron

Charlie tells me he's been getting a lot of emails about the date of plowday, snow cover, etc. Here's the deal. The ONLY rule I have about this event is that it can not be held after the 15th of April. If there is snow on the ground, too cold, windy, rain, tornado, whatever..... it is completely out of my control. I've been really lucky the last few years, and last year is a good example of how well the soil here dries up.

So on that note, plowday will be held on the 12th. There's no pushing it back. I'm sorry if anyone is offended, but there is no need to flood Charlie with emails about it. There's nothing he can do either.

It'll all be gone this Saturday anyway :)

And if that don't help, go back and look at the dates for the past Plowdays. I go through this every year..........

You mean I won't get any more emails like this one!

Brent Balk wrote:
I HOPE YOU KNOW THAT MANY PEOPLE WONT BE COMING TO A PLOWDAY NOW THAT PROBABLY WONT AMOUNT TO ANYTHING BECAUSE OF WEATHER AND POOR PLANNING.

Travis - Snow, who cares since it gets turned under anyway. As for poor planning, keep up the good work. I know you put a lot of hard work into these events & they have always been a lot fun.
thumbsup.gif
I for one really appreciate it & look forward to this years PD.

80182.jpg

When Ken and I got there last year and saw the snow, I will admit we were a little hesitant and left the tractors fastened to the trailer. We made our way through the flee market and about an hour later we saw some people plowing. We checked out how they were doing and went to unload. Not counting getting at the end of the field, I only had to lift the plow twice due to a wet spot the whole day. It was fun plowing that snow under. I also remember one year plowing in a t-shirt it was so warm.

Travis, Charlie, I can't hardly believe you got e'mails like that. So negative, darn, this is a hobby, this is fun, this is meeting of fellow enthusiasts who have a love of the soil, and old machines. We remember the good old days on the farm, useing the plow day to remember the old H and 2-14 trip plow.
I don't know who this guy is, but we don't need him. I'll bet you will still see over 100 plows in your field. And If we can't plow on the 12th -- so be it.
Me and my Son and Grandsons will still plan on coming.

Thanks to Charlie and Travis and others involved lets "PLOW" through the snow!!, Keep up the good work.

Travis And Charlie,
I could care less if there is snow. It will be fun no matter what the weather is. This is more about hanging out with good people and sharing a bunch of tall tales. I am just glad Travis has been able to get us the land to play on for the last several years. I will be there no matter the weather as long as I am able. You guys put on a great event every time and it has always been a lot of fun.

By the way that is me having fun last year on my 782 in the picture below.

Well Brent Balk isn't much of a member anyway.
He's not logged in since 2/16 , only been a member since 1/06/08 ... Guess the <font size="-2">(Charlie can I say SOB here?)</font> has got a real good authority to speak his feable mind around here seeing that he's really involved in the site and helping others.

I am still doing a happy dance, and my banana isn't even tired yet!!
80187.gif

Well hello Ken tucky, Charlie, and all. No I haven't logged in in a long time either, but for once I agree with you guys......run the sob out of dodge........lol.......And yes I have had dealings with him.

I was at the snowy plow day last year and expect things to be just fine again this year. I never seen a piece of ground dry up so fast in my life.

And plowin snow under is loads of fun too.

Ah, Plow Day 15, I have only been planning for it for 300 or more days! Looks like I am going since my dad says I have to.......per his post below.

Travis or Charlie,
Please forward those unhappy peoples emails to me. I can let them know that no one is begging for them to come... There is a good chance we will have fun without them!

Lonny Buttke, there may be room on my trailer for you and your cub, let me know!

This little guy won't be there, his dad(my brother) informed me this morning that he has a college class or seminar on teh 12th(<font size="-2"> his dad that is</font>)
80215.jpg

<font color="ff0000">You GOTTA have PD15 so Kraig can send me a DVD of the fun ! It's jest a weeeeee bit to far fer me to go</font>
sad.gif

board-post.pl

Folks, I'm not bashing the guys that "suggest we push it back" or "I would schedule it for a later date". Just please understand that I'm not setting the date because I'm not smart enough to realize that the weather might be nicer a few weeks later. Thanks for the support, but that was not my intention.

Most of the people on this board, especially the ones that have been to my place, know that there's not much planning or leg-work that I have to do anymore. It's pretty much "If you set a date, they will come" lol

Latest posts

Back