• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

hydro trans

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you, by chance, holding the brake pedal down? That will center the F-R shift lever and hold it there. If not, check the linkages under the tunnel cover and in the dash tower for any worn or misaligned parts.

From past experiences I would look at the friction disc. I have bought a couple over the years that due to sitting or little use that area would rust up some. Granted that was on x82 models but as a guess your model may have some type of friction disc.

From past experiences I would look at the friction disc. I have bought a couple over the years that due to sitting or little use that area would rust up some. Granted that was on x82 models but as a guess your model may have some type of friction disc.
That could be the case on a manual transaxle Cub. The 105 is a hydro. As stated above, look at the linkages.

I could be wrong, but there might be an assembly behind the dashboard that has a spring-loaded "friction disk" to help stop the hydro-lever from creeping out of the set position. Maybe there is an adjuster nut to vary the tension?

Scroll down to plate #76 for an exploded view.

These units are very susceptible to rust as the sit vertically behind the dash tower,
Any moisture finds its way down into the mechanisms and results in rusting of the internals.
These units were not meant to live outside when not in use.
Very difficult to access, clean and service.

I had this problem on my 105 and lubed everything up good with some kroil oil and it definitely helped. This tractor sat out under a tarp for years before I got it. I might even try some siliglide next time if needed because it stays and works longer than most penetrating oils.

I had this problem on my 105 and lubed everything up good with some kroil oil and it definitely helped. This tractor sat out under a tarp for years before I got it. I might even try some siliglide next time if needed because it stays and works longer than most penetrating oils.
Siliglide huh...I'll have to look for some of that

Works really good. And great for o rings to.

Attachments

• IMG_5282.png
    IMG_5282.png
    573.9 KB · Views: 0
Back