• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Hydro pins stuck down.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike ligus

I feel stupid to post this because I have helped tell people on here why and how to correct the free wheel mode.
Now everything I try, the pins are down flat.
I was working on my snow plower project all winter and had lever in free wheel. So I got the blower mounted and running great. But never snowed. Still mounted I had to pull it out my shop and nothing. Spray pins but they not move. I even lubed them last year?
What happens if I try to pull the hex things out. Is there a problem getting a socket on them. Will any springs want to fly out ?

I feel stupid to post this because I have helped tell people on here why and how to correct the free wheel mode.
Now everything I try, the pins are down flat.
I was working on my snow plower project all winter and had lever in free wheel. So I got the blower mounted and running great. But never snowed. Still mounted I had to pull it out my shop and nothing. Spray pins but they not move. I even lubed them last year?
What happens if I try to pull the hex things out. Is there a problem getting a socket on them. Will any springs want to fly out ?
You do it one of 2 ways.
Just remove them with your socket, turn them upside down using a socket bigger than the pin, and smack it on the table. or you can take a small screw driver and pry up gently on the ball to pop them back up.

Or you can start it up and see if the pins pop up.
I have told few people in here the same thing. I tried so many times rev it up. Back and forth on drive lever but nothing. I even had these lubed last summer. Going to.take out the hex bodies and see what going on. I post some pictures

You do it one of 2 ways.
Just remove them with your socket, turn them upside down using a socket bigger than the pin, and smack it on the table. or you can take a small screw driver and pry up gently on the ball to pop them back up.
Let me ask you Digger. I attacked pictures of the valve, my company use a same looking valve as a Down Valve inside a hydraulic pump similar to a plow pump. Our pump made by Monarch Hydraulics
Middle of valve is a white plastic ring and o ring our valve unscrew at this area and internal parts come out.
I try hitting on bench , but the hole at bottom is this a place I can push the ball back up to set pins back to closed position?

Attachments

• 20240115_233843.jpg
    20240115_233843.jpg
    894 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back