• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Hy-Tran fluid purchase locations

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajtimm

displayname
Anthony Timm
I'm replacing my rear trans cover to cure a leak on a SGT.
Is Hy-Tran only available at an IH dealer?
Tractor Supply has Case IH hydraulic oil. I need to know if that is the same thing as Hy-Tran 737-3062?

THANKS

Will it work? Yes. Is it the same thing as hytran. No. Is it as good as hytran, probably not. Hytran is unique in its water absorbing properties. The rights to produce it were held by ih and those that came after. Viscosity oil was the original licensed maker for ih. They still are producing it, possibly the original formula still. Ih has switched suppliers and I can't recall who is making it for them now. The latest formula has changed some. But still suppose to work in old applications I believe. This is my understanding of the subject anyway. There have been discussions about this on red power forum and I'm sure other places.

Cub Cadet dealers and Cub Cadet Specialties have Hy-Tran too, but there are two Hydro Transmission fluids versions available. You need to ask for the original (earlier version) called "Hydraulic/Transmission Fluid," P/N 737-3025. I believe this fluid is still sourced from Viscosity Oil (IH's/Case-IH's original supplier). The newer oil is called "Synthetic Blend Drive System Fluid" and only works in recent model Cub Cadets like in the last 5-10 years.

Cub Cadet also has the original Low Ash No. 1 Engine Oil 30 wt. available and recommended by IH for earlier Kohler engines. The oil is no longer available from Case-IH.

Last edited:
Many thanks. I appreciate all the info and help on the subject. Your expertise is so valuable on this platform.

I've been using the Traveler oil for Tractor Supply for 10 years. I do not run my CC hard, basically as a snow plow machine with running a small trailer around during summer. Half throttle is typical running

Latest posts

Back