• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Hy-Tran vs generic

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes, i am a parts guy at a CIH dealer, my 2 cents, HYTRAN hydro or gear and the HF6096 F/G filter for the hydros. Hytran will suspend 1% water by volume to make sure it does not settle to freeze that trany up during the winter. it is a non-zinc formula which does not eat at the bronze and brass bushings.

well "cash" I just heard a rumor all petroleum engineers are getting laid off because viscosity doesn't matter anymore... air pressure you put air in your tires???
Just so you'll know and won't have to listen to fake news rumors. Viscosity is no longer making Hy-Tran. (y)

Yes Digger, this is true. after more than 60 years of making the life's blood for RED tractors, CNH has decided to go w/another vendor to make the "NEW" Hytran. CNH new product will suspend 1.0% water by volume. Viscosity Oil will still be blending oil including the Hytran produced right now (as they own the formula and with a different name) after the 1st of the year to different dealers as an aftermarket product, same Hytran as right now, but w/the capability of suspending 1.2% water by volume, same zinc free formula. the Hytranultraction at the dealers now is still from Viscosity and will be for a while as a lot of us dealers put in a big order last month just to make sure we have oil w/the new supply chain coming. i believe the new name for the new Hytran is Hytran Premium. CNH owns the name Hytran, Viscosity oil does not.

Latest posts

Back