• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Hurricane Sandy - October, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was real Bad here.There are a lot of trees down and looong lines at the gas stations.
no power till next week so they say.The gen I bought 8 years ago is finally getting some use.No Internet.

Posted from the DD wifi in Milford PA.....

Lewis, thanks for the update. Good to hear that you made it through. Hopefully you'll have power and internet again soon.

Jeremiah,
My homeowners went up this year from around 325 to 450 because of hurricane Irene last year! But that still beats what my previous insurance company wanted. I was with them for 30 years, and they wanted 825! Needless to say, I found another company.

Lewis: As I sit here warm and comfortable in what I've become to consider the "cocoon" of Aroostook County my heart goes out to all who suffer these great tragedies. I just wish we were influential enough to help.
Actually, we are, but I'm done sending money to "big outfits" (I didn't think the Red Cross should have set up to help during Ruby Ridge).
When Joplin, Missouri got hit, for some reason that hit me, too. I sent a small check addressed to "Anyone in Joplin" ... I got a letter back from a woman who recieved the check, felt she didn't need it as much as a neighbor did, and gave it to the neighbor. God, I love this country!
happy.gif

(even if Don thinks our beer's not up to Canadian par)
beerchug.gif

Still no word from Allen S? I hope they are doing ok.!!

Good to hear you have managed through Lewis P. though the hardships continue there, know that Marlin and I shall keep you in our thoughts till things return to a more similar time.

Frank, I was so touched by your post! Of sending a check to " anyone in Joplin" and actually get a letter in return..

For all our members who were in the line of fire, our thoughts have been with you, and I shall continue to send prayers till you know a more peaceful, healing time in your lives.

I'm sure those of us who look upon this for afar realize how blessed we are all. I know I can't possibly imagine the true scope of what is out east. TV imagines are unthinkable, personal stories so heartbreaking. Yet, not being there, one can't honestly know, feel what IS the reality of millions as we live our normal lives each day.. but hopefully our lives won't be so perfect, so quiet and normal while millions are suffering and trying to mourn, recover and heal..

angel.gif
Cathleen

We made it though Sandy with a 30 minute power interruption and the cell tower went out. Feel like we dodged a bullet. I worked extra this week hauling relief supply's. Daughter and kids came up because they lost power and were told it won't be on until Monday pm.

Mel, sure good to hear you and yours weathered Sandy without any loss. Hooray for you on delivering relief supplies. I can't imagine what it must be like out East..other then devastating.

angel.gif
Cathleen

OK, most people saw all the destruction on the news, so I wount post much. 5 treesw within 200' of me fell, 1 nipped the back of one house and one crunched a old one story house, nobody hurt.
Now here is an odd situation...
248788.jpg

http://www.abc.net.au/news/specials/hurricane-sandy-before-after-photos/

And to all who inquired about my family and others here in NJ, THANK YOU.
CHARLIE, you were a great morale booster that day, many thanks.

Allen:
groupwave.gif

Thanks for the update!
wave.gif

Now you can always say that you were there when the ship hit the sand. Or --
fan.gif

happy.gif

Allen, Good to hear that you are OK. I hauled a load of water down there, hope you got some.

Latest posts

Back