• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

How to make it fit a cub?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbaker

displayname
jeff l baker
I have this blade and need help with making it fit my 128. I can get it cut,welded, and modified. I just am not smart enough to come up with a plan can any one help?
151342.jpg

How wide are the two arms at the bottom. How far back do they extend.

That looks like it might just mount right up to a WF blade subframe with very little modification. Here's one that Mike M., makes and sells.

151374.jpg

Here's A LINK to a for sale add Mike placed in the classifieds a few months back.

Mod it like this:

151376.jpg

Then attach the A-frame section to the blade subframe at the point where the red line is in this photo. You may need to add some spacers if that blade's A-frame is narrower then the blade subframe at that point. If it's wider, you'll have to mod the blade subframe to fit it.

151377.jpg

Jeff-
Do you know what that blade is from?

It seems to me, by the time you mod that to fit a cub, you might as well just sell it to someone who can use it for it's intended application and get a "correct" <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> blade for your tractor.

Just trying to help......
coffee.gif

Kraig is right on it's what I was thinking as long as those arms stick it out in front far enough to adjust it right and left while still being able to steer the front wheels.
Art has a good point too, Years ago I helped a good friend put a sears snowblower on his simplicity without a gearbox. It did work when we were done and did till he died. Couple of times during that proccess we both wondered if it was worth the work.

Yes some times it is easier and better to just sell the wrong attachment and use the proceeds to buy the proper attachment. In this case it looks like it might be an easy mod, and might even be doable without any permanent changes, i.e., no torch needed.
whistling.gif
lazerburn.gif

I have been told it looks like it was a mongomery wards but not sure, the width of the mount is 10 inchs and at the bottom of the triangle is a 1 inch slide bar with cotter pins. i do have a spare mule cage for my mowerdecks i could use. looking at your pics kraig the x out stuff will seperate so it looks like i add a bracket for the lift arm and try to adapt the mule to it?

Jeff If it's that simple mabey it'd be worth it.
I would build or buy a subframe for a snow plow though. a mule drive alone, I wouldn't think, would last pushing snow.

I have a blade with a frame exactly like yours. mine still has the ID tag and when I googled the numbers is came up as a mongomery wards attachment. No real help here but just wanted to confirm your guess.

-everettdale

p.s. if you ever get it to work, I'd love to see photos.

everett: I will post pics when done. I will work on this in the early fall, i am trying to gather material to make a sub frame as the CFO wont authorize buying a subframe. and thanks for confirming the monkey wards i.d. it should work if i follow kraigs drawings.

Latest posts

Back