High crop Cub Cadets???

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am sure Kraig has some hidden away in his archives SOMEWHERE!?
1a_scratchhead.gif

I think before I would even consider starting a project like this....I'd need to brush up on my welding skills as well, snatch me up a plasma cutter ans a drill press for starters. Then I'd have to file down ALL my finger nails, because I'd be doing A LOT of head scratch'n on these hurtles. Heck, I would likely need to call them MOUNTAINS!

Mike, take it from me, Projects like these are never done, just closer to being finished, Ive got a list a mile long of mods I want to do to my mini 1466, so many that it might surpass the real tractor. Take your time, write down your ideas as they come to you so you dont forget, then, plan your moves and practice making pieces until you get the one you like most. I cut eight grilles out with a plasma cutter before I wound up with the one I have now and its still not right haha. You relax and go at your own comfortable pace, its amazing what a welder, grinder, plasma cutter and one mind can create, no fancy machines involved. Shoot Kraig an email, he has gone out of his way to help me countless times, Im sure he can help you too. Might even try getting ahold of Dan himself. Good luck!
beerchug.gif

Glen,
I think I would have to agree with you on this. Definately something that will take A LOT of time, planning, figuring, making a mock up design and then redesigning that. In the end, it would be worth it to say the least that is for sure. I will have to do that I think, torment Kraig and see just what he has hidden in his vault. Does anyone know if Dan is still active on any of the forums as a memeber? Not sure if he wants people bugging him for information - perhaps he has "secret family designs" that are not public knowledge?
1a_scratchhead.gif

I must say Don, eight grills! OMG, what did your wife say about that one?
bottom.gif

Yes, I have a bunch of photos of Dan Hoefler's Cubs.

Randy, send me an email and I'll respond with a bunch of photos of the various Cubs that Dan built. I could post them but I hate to reduce the resolution to reasonable posting size if you wish to use them as desk top photos.

Latest posts

Back